― 004

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒.
yuri's pov.

next day came by a blink and i found myself slacking off at work a bit- i mean, i had nothing to do at that moment so i felt myself be empty-headed, or so. organizing my locker with a carefree grin, my mind was filled with only one thing- and that obviously wasn't regarding my work.

"oi yuri, what's with that sloppy grin eh?" one of my co-worker chortled. he stood beside me and began to open his locker as well. "any good news, boy?" another asked me. my nerdy looking colleague pulled his glasses down a bit, stopping me from answering.

"let me guess. something about your sister?" he queried with a raised brow, pushing the spectacles back as he went back to whatever he was doing. i hummed, "nope. it's someone else."

shocked, my 3 mates gave me a look. "someone new other than your sis? oh boy, tell me who and what's up. finally a day you're not going to ramble about your sister all day."

i rolled my eyes at their remarks before shutting my locker. "it's someone i'm finally glad to see again. and by the way, my sister will always be the hot topic among us whether you like it or not." i snapped. the 3 snickered to themselves while i walked off, hearing them inaudibly mumble something.

"oi yuri, you're still not gonna tell who?" they asked again and i hummed to myself.

"like i said, someone i'm joyed to see again. i'm going to go continue my work. you all should too and not slack off, aight?"

y/n's pov.

"ma, how many times do i have to repeat myself regarding this matter?" i heavily breathed out. i paced back and forth around my apartment as i half-heartedly listened to my mother's worried rambles.

"but sweetheart, what if the police mistake you into being part of an illegal organization and torment you? i would be pained to hear this news. i'm saying this because i'm very distraught."

i let out another heavy sigh and pressed my phone closer to my ear. "you don't have to worry about that. it's not like i am apart of it. please stop pressuring me into a marriage right now, ma. i'm not ready. i don't want to throw away my life just for the sake of staying alive. if i die, so be it." i assured.

mother began to mumble incomprehensive words to herself before she spoke aloud, "you don't know what you're saying, darling. i'm saying this for your own safety. even your father wishes you to be safe and sound. we genuinely want you to be safe. we don't want out little girl to be tormented for something she never did at all." she then paused, taking a deep breath. "please get married. your father's friend's cousin's brother's niece's son is quite well-mannered and wealthy. he also has the looks. he's been looking for a partner. both of you are quite the match according to the horoscope readings and compatibilities. how about i set you both up?"

"blah, blah, blah. there you go again." i sighed. "ma, please. i'll be alright. tell pa that i'll be alright as well. you guys need to chill a bit. nothing will happen to me. i'm still young. i want to fall in love and then get married. if there's nothing else you want to say, please end the call. i'm not ready for another one of your long paragraphs of why i should get married and why that one dude is perfect for me. i'll tell you once i'm ready to be married. till then, please don't talk about this matter to me ever again." i pleaded.

i hope my mother could get the pained annoyance laced on my voice as i said the same thing i told her weeks ago. sometimes, she's quite dense so i decided to add some exaggeration in my tone although i doubt she'll get it.

"but―"

"no." i interrupted, unamused. "is there something else other than marriage you want to talk about?" another round of sighs and whispers began exchanging beyond my phone. a few seconds of waiting, my mother answered. "how are you doing in berlint? is there anything that's bothering you, dear?"

"i'm doing perfectly fine. and there's nothing bothering me. i have really nice neighbors and i made a new friend recently. hm, it's not really a friend since we just got acquainted but he's a good guy. how about you and pa? any news?"

"a guy?" high pitched, my mother replied. enthusiasm and interest was suddenly enriched in her voice. "yeah," i murmured back.

"who is he? is he really a good guy? what does he work as? what's his status; single or married? how old is he? how did you and him meet? what was your first impression of him? is he handsome? is he wealthy? is he a good candidate for you to marry?" a explosion of questions bombarded my ear and i annoyingly pulled my phone away. gosh, does my mother ever stop? i groaned mentally.

putting my phone back against my ear, i grumbled. "please stop. like i said we're just acquaintances. i have no thoughts of marrying him nor do i know much about him. i'm going to hang up if you carry on with it."

mother chuckled, "alright. but please darling, we're saying it because we love you. i'll hang up now. remember to eat dinner and sleep early okay? don't make this old hag travel all the way from luwen to berlint just to nag at you." she playfully warned and i laughed back. "okay. i love you, ma. tell pa i love him too!"

mother hummed, saying back 'i love you' before ending the call. i smiled to myself, staring at mom's contact before looking back to yuri's. his contact name is so cute.

knock! knock! knock!

startled by the sudden knocks, i flinched. "i'm not expecting anybody, am i..?" i asked myself softly as i marched towards the door. i opened the door and face to face stood the short haired guy from yesterday. with his cheeks faintly red, matching his apple colored eyes filled with anxiety, yuri stood before me.

"yuri?" i uttered. the male before me gave me a nervous chuckle as he passed me a bouquet of tulips. "pretty and lovely tulips for a pretty and lovely y/n." remarked he, avoiding my stunned gaze. i immediately heat up at his statement and cleared my throat, "thank you. please come in."

hesitant, yuri stepped in. he took a moment to look around before focusing his gaze back at mine. "pardon my intrusion. i should've gave you a call but i felt too nervous," he laughed awkwardly and fidgeted on spot.

"it's alright, i appreciate your visit."

yuri still stood still and stared at me. giving him a warm smile, i offered him to take a seat while i prepare tea but yuri refused, saying he won't be here long as he had to go down and meet his sister's family.

"are you sure? you won't trouble me, if that's your concern." i asked again. yuri nodded, "i'm sure. i just thought i should come by and see you. i don't wish to take up much of your time anyway so i'll make my way out." he spun around and made his way out. i stood dumbfounded as i followed behind him.

"i'll see you soon, i guess. have a nice day, yuri!"

"enjoy your day too, bubb― i mean, y/n." he stammered before giving me a slight bow and dashing away down the stairs. i gave him a peculiar look but didn't think much as i went back in.

―   READER'S   INTERACTIVE   CHAIN   !a studio ghibli inspired yuri x reader au? opinions and thoughts?

―   READER'S   INTERACTIVE   CHAIN !
a studio ghibli inspired yuri x reader au? opinions and thoughts?