― 006

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒.
third person's pov.

DING DONG!

the bell rang throughout the hushed l/n household. the said girl and her friend had long finished their game of spy after noticing the pink haired child dozing off and had sat down for a cup of juice as they challenged each other to a game of snake & ladders. yuri was 2 steps away from winning while y/n was at 15, unlucky that every dice roll led her to a snake. she whined while yuri laughed and teased her. however, their chatter diminished when the bell rang.

"it must be them. it's already 7:20 pm." y/n murmured and stood up. she opened the door and yor stood there with a grin. "hello! i've come to fetch anya. thank you for taking care of her!"

"sister?" yuri suddenly spoke, coming behind y/n. "oh, yuri?" surprised, the sister of the boy widened her eyes as she looked at the two. "i didn't know you and y/n were close."

yuri grinned, getting shy. "haha, yeah. we became close lately."

"i won't take up much of your time together then." yor beamed cheekily as she stared at her brother before looking back at y/n who carried anya with a thankful look. "thanks for taking care of anya." yor thanked her again as she collected the sleeping kid into her arms.

"it's alright. i had fun with her. drop her at my house again if you need to. i don't mind."

"thank you! bye y/n, bye yuri. have fun! i'll leave you two now." yor waved as she walked away. the couple waved before shutting the door close.

"your sister is a beauty. so pretty. ah, i'm so jealous." y/n dreamily sighed as she sat down. yuri took a seat opposite her and bluntly responded, "you're really pretty too. i think you're gorgeous."

y/n flushed red as she waved the compliment off and rolled her dice. yuri gazed at her intently which caused the h/c haired girl to feel mousy under his eyes. "... you're pretty too. red eyes and dark green hair, a very pretty match i say." she mumbled. yuri smile grew as he tossed the dice thrice as he got a 6— he still didn't win though, remaining 5 steps away now instead much to y/n's content.

"this is so unfair. how are you at 95 while i'm at 16." y/n grumbled. every dice roll led her to feel vexed. "maybe you're unlucky." yuri remarked to which y/n rolled her eyes, "or maybe it's you the one giving me bad luck. are you an evil omen?"

"i'm quite offended you're calling me an evil omen considering the fact i was your luck buddy." the young man dramatically stated, touching his heart to be theatrical.

"i don't recall calling you my luck buddy."

yuri silenced promptly. the hearty beam he had dropped significantly just like his mood when the girl cluelessly responded. "ah, it seems i've said something wrong accidentally. " he murmured. y/n noticed that sudden change in his mood but before she could further ask about it, yuri rose to his feet. his eyes never met hers as he moved to collect his things quietly.

"i should go. it's late. you should rest up." he remarked. y/n followed to bid him goodbye but he instantly shut the door, saddening the girl. crestfallen, something stirred within her as she watched her friend leave just like that. was it something she said or did to make him feel this way? did he get disappointed at her?

she hoped not. she was utterly baffled seeing him that way. 

yuri's pov.

am i that forgettable? i asked myself as i shut the door behind me. i knew what i did was mean but the sudden heartbreaking feeling in me just wanted to get away before i say more and more. that would break my heart even more, not gonna lie — if she still cannot remember.

have i changed a lot physically? i don't think so. why is it that she can't recognize me?