21

dakotaelainee

Jeddah Corniche Circuit

tagged f1, yukitsunoda, alphataurif1

liked by danillkvyat, yukitsunoda, f1, mickschumacher, lewishamilton and others

dakotaelaineee Today was not a good day, that much is clear. 

When you put your heart and soul in an endeavour like Formula 1, just for two races to go by where only half your cars make it to the finish line, it hurts. I'm frustrated, and I believe that I have reason to be. 

I give this sport my all every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. To have two mechanical failures back to back is unacceptable, but so is blaming the mechanics. We worked our asses off trying to fix Pierre's ar after Sakhir. In the process, we neglected Yuki's.

I am ashamed of my actions today, and the disruption I caused in the pit lane. But to have my darkest day bared for all to see on national television while am beerated for feeling my feelings is a new low, even for the vultures that cover sports media.

You don't know what is going on in my life, in my head. What extenuating factors may have lead to a break such as the one I experienced today. 

But the abuse that I have faced is shocking. Toto Wolff has never faced this much abuse for his pit lane meltdowns, instead being praised for putting that  much stock in his team. Drivers on the Big Three teams are never scrutinized for throwing tantrums when a race does not work out.

So why me, and why now?

With that being said, I am taking the week between races, and I am going home. Not to Faenza, to continue my work in the factory. I'm returning to my hometown, Queensland, Australia. I'm taking a break and clearing my head, with the intent to return in time for the Melbourne Grand Prix. Please allow me this time to decompress, and to get back in the proper headspace before the next race.

To the team, I'm sorry for letting you down when you were depending on me today.

To Pierre, for not being the voice in your headset that you needed today, and for leaving you with Franz for the duration of the race. For not being present.

To Yuki, I'm sorry that you needed to see me like that, my love. But I also want to thank you for never leaving my side in that garage, for sitting with me until I felt like I could properly face the world again.

To the fans, I let you down. But I will be back. Let this be a message to take time for your own mental well-being.

Much love,

Dakota, XX.

see all comments

kimiraikkonen Chin up, Dakota !! We all have our bad days, you can bounce back from this. Love you, kiddo

yukitsunoda 💕

alphataurif1 Take all the time that you need, Dakota. we will be right here for you when you're ready to come back.

carlyy_liang love you girlie 💕💕

charles_leclerc take care of yourself, dakota xxx

pierregasly 💐

lancestroll get better soon xx

F1: Dakota McManus Announces Break from Team Activities Following Mental Health Episode in Jeddah

SkySports: Ferrari Technical Director: "A lot of people forget about the crew members. The season is rough on them too, and they deserve the same amount of understanding that you would give to the drivers" - The F1 World Responds to McManus' sabbatical

MotorSports.com: "Loose cannon" McManus is bad for RBR's sister team, Horner says: "I don't think she's going to make it to the end of her contract."

BBC Sports: "If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen": Red Bull's Christian Horner delivers stern warning to Dakota McManus

INSTAGRAM STORY

DakotaElainee

caption: going home ✈

music: cute without the e by taking back sunday

(pretend the paperback is these violent delights by chloe gong )

"hoping for the best just hoping nothing happens, a dozen clever lines unread on clever napkins"