41

INSTAGRAM

dakotaelaineee

Autodrome Enzo e Dino Ferrari

dakotaelainee thanks imola. its been a weekend for the books. thank you for your understanding, and allowing me to share my side of the story. yuki and i are continuing our romantic relationship, and we're just as strong as ever. love you all, 

mac. xx

comments on this post have been disabled.

TWITTER

the most heartbreaking part of dakota's post is that he doesn't even look happy in the photo, you can see how bleary her eyes are, she's clearly not ok

- user || ITS RACE WEEK (user4729)

i dont even think mac took that photo, i think the team photographers did. look at how despondent she is. and yuki cant even show his support because fucking internet toxicity and misogyny made her turn the comments off. 

this needs to stop.

- user ( user7934 )

( on screen interview with will buxton )

"...this was a defining moment for dakota, a young woman in her prime in this sport. it changed everything. teams were rescinding offers, the media completely changed the way that they saw her. as someone who had just made a big career decision, this leak couldn't have come at a worse time. it truly could break her career just as it looks like it might be beginning to take off."

(interview with carla liang, drive to survive intern and dakota mcmanus' best friend)

"...we have our theories, and i'm not telling you what they are until we have finite proof. but those photos came from within our camp. nobody else knew that the drivers would be at that bar, and that ferrari were staying in a hotel just down the road. it was either a tip off, or someone from a crew, be it our film crew or somebody in the pit lane, got lucky. i think these images were leaked on purpose to spoil dakota's reputation. it's still very much a boys club, and i can count on two hands the number of people who want her gone, starting with christian horner."

(interview with christian horner, red bull racing - honda )

"christian, we've heard suggestions from people inside the paddock that you, or other parties within red bull racing, may have been responsible for leaking the leclerc photos."

"tell me, why would i do that? what do i stand to gain? i have no control over alphatauri, or what dakota does in her personal life. these are her own choices coming back to haunt her."

"perhaps you wanted to stop her career before she grew any bigger, cast her out in a  cloud of shame that would make her unbelievable, ruin her prospects. maybe she knows things about the inner workings of your organization that would shock the sport to it's core."

"this is outrageous. you'll be hearing from my lawyers."

"is that an admission of guilt, mr. horner?"

____

if you saw this before i proofread it, no you didnt : )