Angelina

Angelina knew that she had made the right choice of choosing Romania for her vacation; she felt that it was nice being away from Chicago. The past two years have been torture because of COVID-19, especially going through losses within her family.

 Angelina's mom was a teen mother, and her father was some wannabe gangster who left after he found out that her mom was pregnant with her. Her mother gave birth to her to get welfare and other financial assistance. It didn't help that she quit school and would party. Angelina's maternal grandparents took her in so their granddaughter wouldn't have to be in foster care. They did their best to raise her; she remembered they always tried to buy her food and clothes and make small birthday parties.

Once Angelina was of legal age to work, she assisted them with the rent and bills. She did her very best in school; she wanted to give them a better life. Her good grades and test scores got her grants and scholarships; she was even accepted to the University of Chicago, making her the first in her family to attend university and graduate. She studied History and Archeology. Angelina remembered that whenever her mother visited, she would always tell her that what she studied was worthless. Still, Angelina proved her wrong when she was accepted into an internship in archeology in Europe. Angelina went on to impress her superiors throughout the years. Next year, she would become a full-time archeologist with good pay. 

However, when COVID-19 hit, her grandparents contracted the disease. Angelina tried her best to care for her grandparents, but during her mother's visits, it was found that she had the virus. Angelina's mother infected them with COVID-19; her grandparents died two months apart. This devastated the young woman, and their wish was for them to be cremated; they didn't want to burden their granddaughter financially.

Angelina's mom had no guilt and wanted what was hers in her parents' will. They left nothing to her; they said that she spent her inheritance. Angelina's mom disappeared from the face of the Earth; she was never seen again. The young woman moved to another apartment with her grandparents' ashes. It was their wish that they were to be scattered to their home country of Colombia. She wasn't ready to let them go and became depressed, but her acquaintances recommended that she travel once COVID restrictions lessened. 

Throughout her work and reading, Romania caught her interest. The country had many beautiful cities, towns, and nature; castles were also popular. Once the restrictions lessened, Angelina got her tickets and is currently in Romania.

 It was her fifth day, and she didn't regret her decision. During her travels, she was glad that everything was what she had imagined. Romania was a country that almost felt like a fairytale if one went to the right places. Angelina was with a small tour group of ten people; they were all friendly people. The group was in a small tour van heading to the Hoia-Baciu Forest. While on the road, Angelina researched the forest, which had a lot of history. According to Google, there were legends about ghosts and disappearances. This was part of the tour package, and Angelina thought it wouldn't be fun if one didn't take a little risk. 

Maybe she would see with her own eyes if the legends were true.