Minah

Angelina was taken inside the castle and saw its simplicity and beauty. Servants were working and were on and about. The young woman felt like she was in a fairytale while in the castle.

The guards were taking her further into the castle, but they all stopped when a young woman approached them. The young woman had long black hair but was put in a bun covered with pearls. Her skin was slightly pale as milk, which made her hair shine. She wore a long blue dress with white designs, pearl necklaces, and earrings. The woman had a slightly chubby face. She was also not alone; she also had female servants behind her. Angelina noticed that the young woman was pregnant. 

The guards bowed and forcibly hit Angelina's head down. 

"Guards, my husband has arrived, I presume?"

"Yes, my Lady Minah. He is to enter soon."

"Who is this? My husband's prisoner?" Angelina realized that the woman in front of her was Vlad's wife. In history, everyone knew about his second wife, but not much was not known about his first wife. She thought it was comical that movies in her era used the name Minah. "Why do you smile, woman? Does it bring you joy to be taken to the dungeons?"

Angelina had the urge to let out an annoyed groan. "Why were rich people in this bigger assholes than in my time?" She sighed. "No, forgive me, my Lady."

The noblewoman eyed her. "You wear strange clothing. It is nothing I have seen before. Where are you from?"

"I'm from another nation. I've come here for travel."

"You jest. You could be a spy to kill my husband."

Footsteps were heard going toward them. "Wife, I see you met my prisoner." Vlad and Alexandrei entered. All bowed to him; Angelina was forced. "Indeed, I have a husband. I am surprised that you haven't killed her yet."

"I agree with Lady Minah. This woman has a vile tongue," said Alexandrei.

Angelina bit her lower lip. "I want to kick his ass so bad," she thought. 

Vlad glanced at Angelina. "I am still to decide her fate. For now, she must think of her actions. Take her to the dungeons." 

The guards took Angelina down a couple of stairs that led to another part of the castle. Dimly lit torchlights gave little light in the hallway. Angelina was thrown into a prison cell farther from the rest, and the guards closed and locked the door. She was left alone; the prison was cold. "I must think of a way to get out of here, but now I have to think of ways to survive."

Day turned into night; Vlad and Minah sat in the dining room, where servants prepared their meals. The silence irked Minah as she glanced at her husband occasionally. "I missed you, dear husband. I am happy that you could stop parts of Mehmed's army."

A piece of cheese was eaten; Vlad sighed. "Sultan Mehmed still desires my obedience to him, blasted heathen."

"Husband, I worry about possible attacks on the kingdom. Do you believe it would be wise to ask for more assistance?"

"Do not worry about such things. Your duty is to give birth to my sons, for they will one day rule Wallachia."

The noblewoman noticed her husband's thoughtful gaze. "What will you do with that woman? Alexandrei seems to have a distaste for her."

Vlad chuckled. "She spoke back to him. Alexandrei never had the patience for disobedient women."

"Neither do you, husband. Strangely, you would keep this woman alive." 

The Voivode looked at his wife. "I am curious about her. She speaks and dresses differently. She told me things that were hard to believe. That is why I am keeping her alive."

This didn't sit well with Minah. "I see. You are only keeping her alive for mere curiosity?" 

"You may be carrying my child, but you know I don't tolerate being questioned, not even by you or any other woman. You know that you can always be replaceable. It would be in your best interest not to question my actions. Remember what happened last time?"

Minah was silent as she watched her husband eat his meal and put her hand over her womb. Vlad chuckled at his wife's reaction. He enjoyed the power he had over her and others. Tomorrow, he would put his idea into motion.