Travel

Angelina was scared; she didn't know what was going on. She was being taken against her will; her hands and feet were tied! Angelina was in a wooden cart being taken away from the forest. "I should have never separated myself from the group. The bright side is that I'm no longer in the scary forest."

She looked at the men; to her, they wore weird clothes. They seemed very old-fashioned. She didn't say anything because she didn't know what would happen. Everyone was quiet throughout the travel until they got into a dirt road. Night slowly turned into day, and Angelina was getting sleepy. She eventually let sleep take her occasionally, but it wasn't easy. The men would talk to one another about her and what she wore. It was as if they had never seen her type of clothes before. The young woman thought they were crazy but decided not to say anything. The men would make stops to let themselves and their horses rest. They would also hunt animals to eat. Angelina was getting a little more hungry, but seeing them slaughter animals made her stomach turn. However, Angelina couldn't deny that she was getting thirsty. "E-Excuse me! I want some water! I will not stop asking until I get some! Please!"

The men looked at one another. "She will not stop screaming and complaining."

"True." One of them gave her some water. 

"Thank you, sir."

The man just looked at me, as did the others. Eventually, they continued until it got dark, and they decided to camp. To her surprise, one of the men fed her food; Angelina ate without complaint. She didn't know where they were taking her, so eating as much as possible was best. "I-I need to go to the bathroom." The man looked at her, confused. 

"What are you speaking about?"

"You don't know what a bathroom is?"

"Speak clearly, woman."

She took a deep breath. "I need to relieve myself. We've been traveling forever."

The man looked annoyed. "Very well, but you will be tied. I will not hesitate to cut you open if you even think about escaping. You understand?"

"Clearly."

Her hands were untied but motioned together in the front and tied again, but he connected a long rope. The man didn't untie my feet and ordered me to hop toward a treat; I felt embarrassed. Luckily, there was a large tree; Angelina went behind it, undid her pants, and did what she had to do. After she got herself ready, she was put on the cart again. They each took turns keeping watch. 

Angelina accepted that trying to escape would be pointless. If she did, she wouldn't know where to go, so she went to sleep.

 It seemed like forever, but they were all on the road. When she woke, she saw what looked like a city from afar. "Thank goodness. I could get some answers, and maybe I could be let go." Angelina cleared her throat. "E-Excuse me, where are we headed to?"

"We will be taking you to our Voivode. He is there to keep his kingdom safe from the Ottomans."

"What are they talking about? Ottomans? Voivode? I did some reading and research about Romania. I remember that the Ottomans did invade and conquer some parts of Europe." That was when it hit her: the forest, the men, the Ottomans, and Voivode. "The forest! Was it a possibility that I time-traveled somewhere else!? I thought that those were pure myths to get more tourists! However, it makes sense why the men spoke and wore things they did! If I time traveled, which time did I go to?"

The young woman was so lost in thought that she finally realized they had made it to the city. Many people wore old-fashioned clothes; many buildings were made from wood or bricks.

Then, the men stopped, as did the cart. They were in front of a tall and more prominent building than the rest of the city. She was forced out of the cart, and the ropes on her legs were removed, but her hands were still tied. The men motioned her inside the building. Once inside, there were flags, fire torches, and paintings of men and women; the walls were made of rocks and bricks. Angelina could hear men talking. When she walked deeper into the building, there were five long wooden rectangular tables where many men sat; their clothing looked to be of nobles.

When they all saw her, they became silent. Then, Angelina was pushed to the ground, and when she tried to get up, two of the captors pushed her down but motioned her to get on her knees. In front of Angelina was a long table with three men. Her eyes opened wide, and the man in the middle looked familiar.

"Wh-Who are you?"

Suddenly, one of the men hit me in the head. "Silence! You are before Voivode Vlad Dracul III!"

Angelina's eyes widened. "Holy hell! The man before me is none other than Vlad the Impaler!"