Prolouge

I sat at the hospital bed, bird chirping just outside the window, and the sun glowing on my skin.

With one single look one might say that I look fragile. A sweet little flower but ofcourse don't judge a book when it's notebook.

The melancholic scene was interrupted when the door suddenly swinged open.

A man walked in and sat down on the chair beside my bed. There's a moment of silence between the two of us neither uttering a word.

A few more seconds pass the man broke the quiet atmosphere

"Look at what do we have here" He started with a cold voice yet still sounding amuse

"The all and mighty Philippines have fallen from grace... Such beauty but it was only wasted on someone's evil face"

He said presumably trying to squeeze out any reaction from me but no. I have grown numb from all this insults, I have grown numb from what others think about me, I have even grown numb on my own feelings.

"Tsk." The man clicked his tounge annoyed that im not showing any reaction to his provoking words.

"You know. You wouldn't be in this state if you only listen to me. I told you, be my wife and marry me silently after a few years then I will divorce you. After all New York doesn't want to be a homewrecker."

Say that when she's the one who ruined everything for me.

"And plus... Maybe if you kept your jealousy in check and didn't act upon it. You tried to harm new York numerous times for fucks sake! You bitch! "

I clench my hands as my nails dig in my skin. I bite my lip refraining from giving him any reaction I know he would be satisfy with.

I kept my silence

That's what I'm good at. Even when a nasty rumor spread around I would always keep my silence. Even when I am hurting and being curse upon I kept my silence. Anything that happened to me is kept in the dark. My mouth shut from giving away the answer. The truth and honest answer.

I have never even glance or talked to new York!

Just take a look at my situation now...

Because I kept my silence. I kept the truth from everyone. I didn't even tried to defend myself!

I thought that maybe enduring it would be less painful and less complicated...

Fake it till you make it. Like what they said

But no. It only made matters worse. All of the accusation are pointed at me. Even when I don't have any connections to the said person...

I became their scapegoat

Oh how much I regret letting my stupidity take over my brain...

Is this really is gonna be my ending?

I snap out of my thoughts when I heard shuffling beside me.

I didn't bother to glance and just let the man be. And then he left.

I feel so mad at myself after he left. What did I even expect him to do?