Nine

The Host Club made an impromptu visit to the Fujioka household. They cornered Haruhi outside and she was forced to welcome the boys into the tiny apartment.

Tamaki taught them how to sit like a commoner in cramped spaces, much to the irritation of their host. Hikaru and Kaoru presented a tea from Africa, and Honey presented a box of cake.

"Haru-chan, is Hana-chan not home?" It was the weekend, so he knew there was a chance she was working.

"She's home, but she's-"

"Damn it Satou!!! Catch it!"

"I don't wanna!!!!!"

"Ahhhh!!!"

"Careful!"

Bang! The host club jumped, but Haruhi just sighed. The voices were in the hallway now.

"It's getting away!!!"

"Hanabi ne-chan! Hurry!"

"It's gonna jump off!"

"I got it!!!"

"Hooray!!!"

The doorway to the Fujioka residence was thrown open. Hanabi looked up from her position on the ground to see the entire Host Club staring at her. "Oh, hey guys. What are you doing here?"

"Ribbit."

All eyes darted to the frog trapped in Hanabi's hands.

"It's a frog." Hikaru stated.

"Definitely a frog." Kaoru added.

"Why a frog?" Tamaki asked.

"That's a big frog." Mori said.

"Ne-chan, you're bleeding!" The neighborhood kids crowded around the girl.

"Lemme get up. Don't move, 'kay kids?"

"Okay..."

Hanabi entered a different apartment building and reemerged a few minutes after without the frog. "I think that's enough excitement for today. Ne-chan needs to clean up. But come visit again, okay?"

"Okay!"

Hanabi waved goodbye to the children with a smile, and then turned to the club. "Sorry you had to see that, it's not normally so noisy around here," she laughed awkwardly.

"Never mind that," the twins said. "Doesn't that hurt?"

Hanabi examined her elbow that had scraped against the ground in her mad dash to stop the frog from a leap of death. She shrugged, "it looks worse than it is. Are you guys staying?" Hanabi entered her home and took off her slippers. "Haruhi?"

"Coming." She emerged from the bathroom with the first aid kit, causing the injured to scowl. The boys made their way back to the table that had delicious looking cakes on it.

"I'll just wash it with soap. It's not that big a deal."

"It is a big deal. Who knows what kind of diseases were on that frog? Clean it properly."

Hanabi groaned, "Haruhi!!!" She squeaked when a warm hand picked hers up. Mori led her into the kitchen where Haruhi was waiting, and Hanabi was too shocked to do anything but get pulled along. He dropped her hand when Haruhi reached for it.

"Mori-senpai, thank you."

"Yeah."

Hanabi blinked as she finally regained her senses. She turned to Mori, "traitor!"

Mori let a smile cross his face as he peered down at the smaller female. "Sorry."

Hanabi scowled up the tall handsome male, but her face heated up when she realized he was still staring at her. They didn't know how long they were in that position, but both were surprised when Haruhi announced that she was done cleaning her elbow.