6. Thats Not Even Funny

He held me. All night he cradled me tightly and protectively in his arms. I saw them. The people my mind had dubbed Caleb's mother and sister. I don't remember the faces anymore but that's who they were.

I killed them. In my dream, I murdered them exactly as I had my father. Caleb found me with their body's. He tried to kill me. That's when I woke up screaming. I can't remember the details.

Just misty faces and terror. Absolute terror.

He's still holding me. Snoring softly into my hair, ruffling strands gently with each breath. I run my finger tips gently over his arms and it must tickle because his sleeping body flinches.

I smile lightly and look at the tanned muscular arms holding my waist, small golden brown hairs freckling his skin in the mild sunlight. His breath tickles my ear and I can feel his lips against my head. Under different circumstances this moment might be perfect.

I take his hand and intertwine ours fingers. Resting my eyelids at how natural it feels to be held by such and ungodly beautiful man. He stirs against me and his lips press against my ear, still snoring lightly. I half smile and try to ignore the tingling I feel rising in my body from the lower region. My ear... My trigger spot.

Just the presence of lips against my ear drives me absolutely crazy. Caleb's lips nearly kiss my ear, completely still and gentle, and maddening. My body aches with a need for physical connection. Lust, a burning wildfire raging inside me.

Okay... Maybe that's a little dramatic, but it is driving me crazy. I tilt my head forward and his lips retreat from my ear, only for his sleeping face to burrow against my throat.

I give in, allowing all my body to cede to Caleb's. I had been trying to resist the urge the melt into the curve of his body since I woke up blanketed in his warmth. I'd been all too cuddly last night...

But with him here, my body aching for his touch, any touch, I melt. My backside slides into him fitting into the nook where his body bends, I feel a soft moan escape his lips, vibrating against my neck, I close my eyes and just try to bask in his warmth. That's when the buzz of the apartment intercom rings through the room.

Caleb stirs beside me and stretches, yawning noticeably. I relax my eyelids and try to fall back to sleep. Caleb must think I'm asleep because his lips kiss my cheek dangerously close to my lips and my body goes into another unseen hyperventilation cycle. His hand brushes back my hair and he walks away. I listen to his footsteps disappear and I stay impossibly still. Caleb buzzes some guy in with a deep gravely voice and I hear his footsteps enter the room. I can feel his hot breath on my face, "Quinn..."

I let my eyes droop open and I look at Caleb.

"Quinn, listen, take you clothes off and turn away from the door." My jaw drops.

"Excuse me!" I huff, not even pretending to be drowsy.

"Hey, this guy, could send you to jail. Just do it." I hear him leave and my mind puts the pieces together.

I reluctantly sit up and throw my clothes including undergarments in a trail across the room and find Caleb's clothes already spread. I burrow under the comforter exposing my bare back for that cliche night-after-sex look. I hear the door open and listen patiently.

"Fuck, jeez kid put some clothes on." the voice is raspy, my immediate guess that it's due to years if excessive smoking and hollering at people late on their rent check.

"Sorry." I hear Caleb mutter as he shuffles through the bedroom door.

"Break my door?" The man I guess to be the manager booms. "Jesus Christ." he mutters.