Distance

>>Leonidas

I ran towards the royal study and opened the door with enthusiasm, “Sorin!” I looked at her and she raised her head from the book she was reading.

“Your back,” She smiled at me softly.

“I got it done!” I went over to her, she was sitting on one of the couches that were on the left side of the work desk and shit tons of paper, I still have to work on, “This task is finally complete!”

“Really?” I nodded, “Welldone!” She put her hand out and I knew what she was asking for. I placed the scroll that had the documentation of abolishment of demon slavery and the signs of all the noble family heads.

She opened it and smiled, “Your birthday is in two days, right?” She seemed excited.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Let’s announce this then.” She looked at me with glittering eyes, “I’m so proud of you!” Her smile made me happy. It had been a while since she smiled like this. These past few days she just looked so dejected. I don’t know why she’s been so down but seeing her smile is really great! I wonder though, what is going on in her mind?

She’s even done something unexpected. A thing no one would expect from her. I don’t know why she asked me for such a favor or what’s going through her mind but I did the favor for her anyway, “Sorin?” I called her name.

“Yes?” She was still happily staring at the scroll.

“About the other thing.” I stared, “The one for Leroy-” Her eyes lit up more, “I’ve done that too.”

“Yes!!?” She stood up in excitement, “Really!?”

“Yes,” I nodded and she hugged me out of the blue. It made me nervous all of the sudden and I felt weirdly giddy.

“Thank you!!” She embraced me tighter and I could her body against mine pretty clearly. It started making my heart go weird!

>>Sorin

Oh My God!
I’m so glad I asked Leonidas for these favors! I knew I didn’t have much time left, so I had no other choice but he got all the work done. These two things are very important to me right now.

“Um,” Leon started, “Sorin…” He seemed a little nervous, so I turned my face up which was previously buried in his lower chest while still hugging him.

“Hm?” I looked at him with big eyes.

He looked down at me and froze, then clenched his jaw and grabbed my arms, “That’s it!” He then pushed me apart from him, “You have no self awareness!”

“What?” I looked at him confused for a moment then it hit me, “Oh…” I was sort of rubbing myself on him like a cat…

The realization made me blush.
Oh Shit.

What is wrong with me? Getting one good news after so many bad ones got to my head like vodka! I pursed my lips together in shame and looked away shyly, “Sorry…”

“It’s alright, I don’t really mind…”

Hmm?

I looked back at him, “You don’t…?” His answer made me sort of happy and for some reason, gave me a weird kind of hope.

Am I imagining things?

“Um, well,” He got a little nervous.

“Leon,” I called his name and gently grabbed his hand, “Your answer?” I was hoping for something here and I really wanted an answer from him.