eight

"He gets mad?" Luke and Ashton spoke in almost unison, making me close my eyes, exhaling.

"Yeah- he gets mad when I'm not home in time to cook for him. He works night shift and I'm a stay at home mom, so it's kinda my job" I managed to laugh out, but I could tell- the guys were not convinced.

"So how mad does he get?" Ashton asked.

"So am I being held here?" I asked immediately, almost getting mad that Luke was blocking the door from me leaving and both of their body language told me that they weren't wanting me to leave.

"Not at all we just think-" "great, well then we should get going." I spoke calmly, feeling Lily lay her head on my shoulder.

"You're more than welcome to go." Ashton spoke as Luke opened the door for me.

"Just know" Ashton spoke as I walked to leave, making me stop and look to him.

"If you're holding your daughter in a situation where she is being abused, you can legally be detained as well-" I put my hand up to cut him off, beyond pissed at this point.

"You don't know shit about me or my family, I will be looking for a new doctor so please email me my documents."

I left on the verge of tears.

I would never let my baby get abused, never.

As I buckled Lily into her car seat I heard a familiar voice

"Tate"

I turned to look, seeing Luke.

"He didn't mean what he said that way- he just-" "listen, I appreciate the concern, but what happens behind my closed family door is none of your business-" "he's hurting you." Luke interrupted, his blue eyes staring into mine, making it almost hard for me to keep eye contact.

"My husband loves me" I laughed out.

"I never said he didn't" Luke spoke calmly.

"But it starts with manipulation, it starts with him never being enough, him being a fuck up, him  never being able to do enough for you" he spoke, reminding me of how he acted when I was pregnant.

"Then it leads to softer hits and things becoming your fault"

How he acted right after I had Lily.

"Then it's full blown, everything is your fault. You get hit over small things, you're never doing anything right-" I looked away, making him stop speaking.

"You know we can help you, right?" He spoke, gently grabbing my hand, but I immediately pulled my hand out of his grip.

"I swear, everything is okay" I convinced myself, not being able to stop the tears in my eyes.

He handed me a card

"Well, call me when you realize that everything isn't okay." He quietly spoke, waking away.

I looked to the card in my hand seeing his full name and phone number.

I got in the car, letting my tears fall as I listened to Lily hum quietly from the backseat.

"I like them mommy" and spoke as I started to drive.

"I'm glad that you do, baby."