ten

I've never drove faster.

I walked into the house of the address she sent me without even knocking, seeing Lily crying as Tate stood, hand to her chest.

"I'm having trouble breathing." Tate managed to tell me.

I made Ashton grab Lily and I sped back to the hospital, making sure Tate was conscious the entire time.

"I think it's a collapsed lung." I heard Ashton whisper to me.

"Call Calum, tell him we're coming in, in five."

Once we got into the parking lot, I took no time.

I told Ashton to get Lily and I immediately lifted Tate, hearing a slight yelp from her before she threw her arm around me, ensuring I wouldn't drop her.

I could hear a wheeze as she breathed, confirming the worst, a collapsed lung.

I ran through the doors, seeing Calum, who looked more than confused- which was reasonable, you'd expect a case like this to come from an ambulance, not from me carrying her in.

"Suspected collapsed left lung, possibly broken ribs." I spoke, setting her down on an exam bed, feeling her catch my shirt in a tight grip as I did.

"Liliana." She spoke one word, staring to me as Calum through a mask over her face.

"She's with Ashton- she's more than safe."

They quickly got chest X-rays, confirming the lung.

"Set up a chest tube" I heard Calum announce loudly.

"I'm going to cut your shirt off of you." I told her slowly.

"Luke-" "I promise, you're going to be okay."

She still had doubt in her eyes, but she kept her tight grip on my shirt, allowing me to cut her shirt off of her.

Calum got gloved up and quickly gave her the numbing shot- making me instantly cry out in pain.

The numbing shot was the worst.

"I'm sorry love" Calum responded.

"Luke- hold her hands" he told me.

As I grabbed both of her hands- she went into full blown panic mode.

She was trying to flip onto her stomach- fighting my grip as if her life depended on it.

"Don't hold me down- please" she almost screamed, tears flowing down her cheeks.

With that said, I stepped away, looking to Calum.

"She's abused." I told him.

"I'm not" she sobbed out to me, struggling to catch her breath.

"If Luke can't hold your hands, then you can not move them the next few minutes, okay?" Calum spoke calmly.

She instantly nodded.

We all went silent as he made the cut, making Tate squeeze her eyes shut from the pressure.

He got the tube in and almost instantly Tate took a deep breath, relieving us all.

"Oh my God- thank you" she spoke out, keeping her own hands above her head.

Calum did a work up of the rest of her body, confirming that she was stable.

"How did this happen, Tate" he asked slowly, glancing between her and I, not knowing anything about this situation.

"I fell down the stairs-" "bullshit" I mumbled, seeing calums eyes widen towards me.

"You weren't there." Tate cried towards me.

"But I was there for your daughter when she called me- telling me her daddy hurt her mommy" I spoke back, seeing more and more tears fall down her face.

"Your four year old daughter should not have to do that." I spoke.

I knew I was being harsh, but it needed to be said.

"Luke" I heard her voice say as I went to walk out.

I turned, looking to her beat- but beautiful face.

"Do not leave me." She demanded.

Therefore I didn't.

I sat beside her bed, explaining "my side" of the story to Calum.

Then Calum gave Tate her chance to say her side of the story.

"So your daughter was lying when she called-" "no, she was confused because we were arguing." She lied.

"But Tate it still doesn't add up-" "when can I leave? I have to be home by five am" she almost whispered.

"Well, better make up some plans because there's no way in hell."

I watched as she called her husband, lying to him about staying with a friend- who apparently had a child for a play date and slumber party.

The call seemed like a normal call, them even able to laugh over something I didn't hear.

She soon hung up, a tear falling down her cheek.

"I need your insurance, love" Calum spoke slowly.

"Just- I'll pay with a card, I can't put this on my insurance." She mumbled.

"Tate, this is going to be outrageous- especially staying overnight." I spoke for him as Ashton entered, holding Lily.

"Then don't make me stay overnight." She spoke calmly back to me.

"You need to stay under medical advisory-" "what if they stay with us?" Ashton spoke, drawing all attention towards him.

"We have room-" "no guys, it was bad enough you had to come pick me up-" I cut her off with simply a look.

"You can stay here all night and pay God knows how much out of pocket or you can come to our house and sleep in my room with Lily for free- I'll sleep in the living room." I told her.

Tate.

I would get killed if I put it on his insurance and he saw that I went to the doctor.
I would get killed by bills if I put a whole night stay on my credit card.
I would get killed if I somehow got caught at four mens house.

Before I was even able to make up my mind I heard Lily

"A slumber party!"