Chapter- 1

Please comment you thoughts guys. They mean a lot!🙏🙏

Sagarika's POV -

" Miss Sharma you are to be stationed right next to the Sansad Bhawan all day tomorrow along with Mr. Tejwani and Mrs. Gaur since this is about the nuclear treaty and hence our jurisdiction. I will see to it that someone else goes to Singapore." Parth sir, our senior commanding officer said.

" Yes sir. Do you want us to take command over the forces there?" I asked him, trying to get as much clarity as I could.

" That will not be required hopefully but if the situation does go out of control, yes. Dismissed for now." He replied, giving us a crisp nod.

" Jai Hind Sir." We chorused.

" Jai Hind." He replied, walking away.

" Sagarika let's go. We cannot get late." Dhwani came to me and started to drag me towards the exit as I rolled my eyes.

" Kunal is your boyfriend. Why do I have to come with you to plan his party?" I asked her and it sounded dangerously close to whining.

" Um because he is your best friend? Does that not mean anything to you?" She asked me completely dramatically.

" But you are his girlfriend and these all are your duties now, not mine. I have handed them over to you." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

" Sit here for two minutes, I'll go and get out subway made." She changed the topic. She had dragged me to the nearest shopping mall's food court.

Kunal and I have been best friends ever since was joined R&AW three years ago. We were the same civil services batch and we had joined the very same day. Both a little scared, a lot nervous and excited to be here in between and so we connected instantly. Dhwani is one year senior to us and these two fell for each other right after we were done with our probation. 

" Here is your roll. Now help me Sagarika! You know he hates parties and all but I really want to do something special for him. I really do." She took the seat right opposite to me.

" Take him out for a date. Who says birthday only means parties? It can mean different things to different people. Kunal will love it if you do something like that for him." I suggested her.

" But I have never planned a date ever girl. It's always him." She looked like she was in a dilemma.

" All the more reason to do it then. There is a first for everything. I will take him out for a movie and you can get all the arrangements done. I'll keep him distracted all afternoon." I offered.

" Do you think this will work?" She asked again.

" I know it will Dhwani. He loves you. He doesn't want anything more than spending time with you and I know you want the same. Anyway we have no friends other than each other so yeah." I told her before taking another bite. Boy, I was hungry.

" Thank god you're his best friend." She said and we chuckled.

" Let's go home before our mothers call and we get some lectures." I said, picking up my bag and she nodded, following. It was almost 7 and there wasn't much to do in the office today.

" Come on I'll drop you home." I told her and she thanked me.

She lived twenty minutes away from me but the traffic was really bad and it was a little after eight that I reached home and found a frustrated mumma.

" What happened?" I asked her, raising a brow.

" Your father happened. He has created a mess out of the bedroom while searching for a while." She muttered as I walked in and chuckled.