Chapter- 9

QOTD- What's your review on this book? Please answer!❤️

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

The only good thing that came out of this all was that Dr. Singhania was just as uninterested in getting married like I was so yeah we would basically get married and then go on to live like we do now. I will just have to move to his house which in my opinion was a bit unfair. We both were getting married. Why could he not leave his house to move to mine? Stupid patriarchal society.

" I need to tell you both something. You may not like it but you have to know." I said as we reached home.

" What is it Piu?" Papa asked.

" Have a seat both of you and please whatever you do, no one can know about it." I took a seat and they followed, having skeptical reactions on their faces.

" You are scaring me now Sagarika." Mumma said, waiting for me to say something. In reality, I had no idea how to tell them this.

" You both know about R&AW, right?" I asked as they both nodded in a yes.

" Well, I am a deputy field officer of R&AW." I said it straight away and waited for them to say something.

But they did not, instead they just kept looking at me.

" Guys say something!" I exclaimed, breaking them out of their trance.

" You work for R&AW?" Mumma asked and I nodded my head in a yes.

" So these injuries and all the foreign conferences...." Papa was going to finish but I got his point.

" Yes, precisely. I am sorry to have kept this hidden from you both but I thought it would be safer that way. But the lies have finally caught up. I cannot keep going like this anymore." I confessed but I saw worries reflecting in their eyes.

" How long have you worked for R&AW?" Papa asked once again.

" Three years. Right from the time I joined the services." I replied but before they could ask me anymore questions related to what I do or where I work, I stopped them.

" And this is all that I can ever tell you. So trust me when I say that you daughter is strong enough to take care of yourself and you should stop worrying, alright?" I tried to comfort them after dropping the bomb on them.

" My gentle as flower daughter is on a suicide mission for life and you want me to trust you?" Mumma cried dramatically.

" Mumma....." I tried to ask her to calm down but she interrupted me.

" You quit Sagarika. See Piu you can come and work with us. It is a job with a lot of money and completely risk free. There are a lot of benefits...." It was papa's turn to cut her in the middle.

" We suspected from the very beginning that you were hiding something from us, always but this is something else Sagarika. You should have told us about it earlier. This is the first time we saw you so injured and beaten up. How many times in the past three years have you hidden your injuries from us?" Papa asked and I got his point. They were a bit hurt and had all the right to be.

" This was honestly the first time we were beaten up this badly and in such quick intervals. Before today, we got injured a bit here and there but nothing as severe. That is why I could hide it." I told him honestly. This was the first time and it had only been six month since we were being sent for actual missions instead of desk jobs after training.

" I am proud of you Piu. So proud but you have to take care of yourself." Papa came over and hugged me.

" Proud of her? Tanuj stop encouraging her. My flower like gentle daughter...." She started once again and I went to sit by her, hugging her.