Chapter- 15

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

" We both need to go." Kunal came to me and that was the moment in which I knew that I was screwed.

" What?" I still asked to clarify.

" Yeah you heard it right for the first time. We need to leave but before that, we have to deal with your situation." He pointed at me from top to bottom.

" Dr. Sing..." I started to speak but he cut me in between.

" Call me Agasthya. Our families find it suspicious when we call each other by our last names." He said and at this point I was confused. Who is the detective here? Him or me?

" Agasthya I really have to go and umm....I think, well I think..." Before I could continue, Kunal cut me off.

She is trying to ask for your help." Kunal spoke up instead of me and I nodded my head furiously.

" Yogurt will help her getting sober." Agasthya said, looking at Kunal who immediately left at once and I looked at the person who was now my fiance.

" Come on." He extended his hand for me to take it and with a bit of hesitance, I did because I really had to get sobered up as soon as I could.

His touch, for some damn reason always made me hyper-aware of his presence near me and make me fidgety.

My leg kept getting stuck in the saree and that's why I had to cling to his upper arm as tightly as I could. Thankfully, he didn't mind or if he did, didn't say anything.

We made into the room somehow without getting noticed and as he shut the door, I remembered! Ice and cold water was what I needed along with curd.

I made way to the intercom and dialled the reception, asking for a lot of ice cubes and a big bowl. They obliged.

" That is a bad idea. You will catch a bad cold." Agasthya stated as I was tying my hair.

" How does one catch a cold after tying their hair?" I asked, confused and giggled at his stupidity but when my eyes followed his to the bowl filled with ice, I realised what he was talking about.

" I have no other op...op...." I tried to recall the damn word but it just didn't roll off my tongue.

" Option Miss Sharma." He sighed, correcting me once again and I bobbed my head in agreement.

" That's the word." I muttered and just as quickly, put my head inside the bowl and that was the very moment I regretted drinking. I pulled my face up almost immediately and gasped.

But I also knew that if I stop right now, this state of mine will stay as it is till morning and I couldn't really afford that and so, my head was once again inside the bowl. I repeated the process about six times again.

" Okay enough. That's it." Agasthya came towards me and guided me to the couch and made me sit down as I was too numb to resist.

He then walked away somewhere but I could already feel more of sober me than drunk me.

Just as I was planning to stand up, he came and sat opposite to me with a towel and started to gently wipe the cold water from my face and for some reason, I let him which was so unlike me.

" You got drenched in the rain earlier today and now this cold water." He was going on about it but I couldn't dive deeper into explaining him my desperation to get sober because if he would start asking me questions, I would keep on lying to him.

His eyes never left searching for mine but I was feeling awkward and guilty and shy to meet them because of how I had behaved today. I was ashamed, honestly but then again, had I not drunk a bit, I honestly would have ran away from here before the engagement had even begun.