Chapter 11: Looking for Contract

3rd Person P.O.V

Last time...

The mercenary for hire, arrived at Mt. Aocang only to be confronted by a unknown woman. The two battle for a short moment until a talking crane interrupt the fight.

???: Who are you?

The crane said asked to the Merc as he soon dematerialized Beowulf as the blue-haired woman also back away from Adam.

Adam: My name is, Adam Kurogane. I need to speak the one they called Cloud Retainer.

???: That would be me. Immoral Flames.

Adam: Eh? Cloud Retainer is a bird!?

???: Watch your mouth! human!

Cloud Retainer: Shenhe!

The woman now named Shenhe stops talking.

Shenhe: Forgive me, Master.

Adam: Shenhe? That's your name?

He asked as Shenhe gives a glare at Adam.

Shenhe: You got a problem with that?

Adam: No. I just your name unique and it really suit you.

He said smiling to her while Shenhe remained a neutral look on her face.

Shenhe: Shut up.

She before scoffing at him and walk s pass through him.

Cloud Retainer: *sigh* You clearly haven't heard about a Adepti

Adam: Adepti?

Then Cloud Retainer explained to the Mercenary about the Adepti and what are they.

The adepti are a group in Liyue that consists of both illuminated beasts and gods. Most of them are bound by a contract to protect Liyue from demons and evil gods and are led by the Prime of Adepti, Rex Lapis himself.

Adam: I see...

Cloud Retainer: What are you doing here then?

Adam: Well...

The Mercenary explains that Rex Lapis was assassinated, much to the adepti's rage. Knowing that the him and his companions are innocent of the crimes that the Millelith have accused them of, it.

Adam also explain that his companions are also trying to convince the another Adepti about their innocent.

Cloud Retainer becomes enraged and vows to destroy Liyue for their crimes, but Adam manages to calm it down by countering with a "contract" of sorts with the food he had offered it, which it reluctantly accepts.

Then Cloud Retainer also tells Adam to meet up with the Demon Conqueror this suddenly picks up Adam interest. Cloud Retainer tells him that He currently resides at Wangshu Inn and mostly restrains himself from large crowds and social interactions.

He and his companions should meet up and seek him.

Timeskips brought you by...