Chapter 37: Deadweight vs Unknown God

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Last time...

( Cue: "Honkai Impact 3rd: Befall" )

The Mercenary is confronted by an Unknown God called Herself as Asmoday... The so called self proclaim, Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles.

Adam: Gotta pay attention, sweetheart.

Asmoday: Sparda's kin... but you're nothing more than an empty shell with no power.

Adam: Sparda? Who are you anyway...

Asmoday: Asmoday, Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles. You are as weak as your flesh, human.

Adam's Mind: Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles? Could she be...

Adam: Hey, I'm tougher than I look. Well there's only one way to find out.

The Mercenary revved up, Labor of Olympus once conjuring fire around the blade.

Adam goes into Honkai Trigger and charges at the Unknown God with Labor of Olympus. Not even able to leave a scratch on her shield as Adam is in a stalemate.

Asmoday: What a fool.

Adam is overpowered by the Unknown God and gets knocked away. Adam gets back up.

Adam: I can still fight!

Asmoday: Futile attempt.

Asmoday sent a swarm of red-and-black cubes towards the Mercenary once more, but Adam managed to avoid it.

Adam retaliated against her by unleashing his ultimate attack towards Asmoday.

Adam: ICHIGEKI HISASTU!!

To the Asmoday surprised her shield shattered instantly, she never expected.

Adam: Thought you had this didn't ya?

Asmoday: You...

Looks like this is going to be a lot more harder than he's going to expect.

Adam: Let's start, the party!

The battle rages on, as sounds of metal and explosion echoes through the skies.

Exhausted and bruises the mercenary continue to evade and dodge the swarms of red and black cubes emerging froms those rift hole created by Asmoday.

Adam: Fleeting Flames: Solar Flare!

With one slice an angry swarm enveloped the Unknown God. The fire converged on one point however Asmoday created a barrier to protect her.

Adam clicked his tongue in annoyance and frustration, then pulling out revenant and unleashed a barrage of bullets upon Asmoday however, more of the red and black cubes appreas on front of her shielding her from the rain of bullets.

Despite his best effort, Adam wasn't able to land a single hit against Asmoday, making it nearly impossible for the Mercenary to defeat her in his current state, exhausted and reaching his limits already.

Asmoday sent another swarm of red-and-black cubes towards him once more, as expected the same results happened but however within the cubes a few huge pitch-black spikes appear out of nowhere.

Adam: !!!

The mercenary blocked nearly all her spikes, but was grazed by one. Adam moved his head backwards, watching as the spike flew by him, before another one, came at him from behind, the Mercenary flipping backwards to avoid the projectile.