19: The Consequences of His Actions

Mt. Justice, April 7, 2010, 16:02 EDT

"Make sure you use your strengths to your advantage. Wally, that means your speed. Connor, your actual strength. M'gann your powers. Use them against each other."

Their fight continued, the three of them going against the others, while Artemis and Kaldur observed. Watching as their friends fought, assessing their weaknesses, strengths, anything that would be important to know before joining in an altercation with the others. Minutes passed, and it didn't seem like either of them was close to winning. The clock ticked down until Black Canary stopped the fight. "Good job you three. Go get cleaned up, then meet us back in the main sitting area."

The three teens nodded and headed off to their respective areas. Artemis and Kaldur made their way to the sitting area, talking about the fight they had witnessed. Wally could have punched here, M'gann could have ducked there, etc.

A while passed before the other three heroes joined the archer and Atlantean. Wally's hair was still slightly damp, sticking out all over the place, and M'gann had droplets of water on her green skin. Connor was the only one who looked completely dry. Wally ran a hand through his hair, flinging a little bit of water to the floor. "Any sign of Black Canary?"

The two shook their heads. "She said she had to do something, but she'd be back."

The team sat around the room, and began talking about everything and nothing at all. Eventually the topic of Robin came up. He hadn't come back from his mission in London, even though Bruce Wayne was back and so there was no reason for him to still be gone. Wally had asked Batman about it, and was awarded with extra patrolling duty. Yippee. Robin would have taken it as an award, which just no. That's not correct. More work equals punishment.

"He should have been back by now, that's all I'm saying. Or he should have texted or called or something. This silence from him is killing me." Wally finished saying.

"Well he's not back yet, so there's no point in whining about it. He'll be back when he gets back." Artemis replied. Wally had constantly been complaining whenever they had free time, about not having anyone to play video games with, or anyone cool to talk to.

"You should still apologize to him." Connor spoke up for the first time in the conversation.

"What?" Artemis said, turning to look at the young clone. "Apologize for what?"

"Remember before he left for the mission. You did something to upset him quite a lot. You haven't seen him since then, other than when he showed up that one night to help with the escapees."

"Oh come on, he wouldn't still be upset about-"

"You will apologize to him." Kaldur interrupted. He had been quiet for most of the conversation once Robin was brought up. "You were insensitive, and will apologize."

"If I need to apologize, then you need to talk to him about what happened. Remember when he dropped Dick, and caused the kid to go into a panic attack? He can't do that. He could have seriously hurt the boy. You're yelling at me to apologize to Robin, when I really didn't do anything wrong. Maybe talk to the sidekick that seriously messed up before you decide to gang up on me."

"No one is ganging up on you Artemis. I am just saying you need to apologize. And I don't need to talk to Robin about that because he already understands the consequences of his actions. Believe me."

Artemis rolled her eyes, but relented. M'gann looked between the two heroes before clearing her throat. "How is Dick? Have you seen him at school?"

She shook her head. "No, he hasn't been back yet. I'd honestly be surprised if he came back within the month. He's ahead of everything though. He completed his chemistry class already. I've spoken to his red headed friend, Barbara. She goes to see him every day. She said he's as good as he probably could be."