8: Boy Wonder

Gotham City, March 29, 2010, 21:08 EST

Kid Flash, Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian, and Superboy stood on top of a pretty tall building, a hologram projection directly in front of the bunch. Batman's holographic form was in the middle of the group, listening to what the group had to say, not once interrupting.

"We are unsure of what to do sir. We don't know who has escaped the prison or asylum, and we have no way of knowing when they plan on attacking. The police have gotten the crime scenes taken care of, but are having troubles assessing the situations. None of the criminals have attacked, they all just went off the radar. Sir, this is your city, what do we do?" Kaldur asked.

Batman was silent for a moment before looking at Aqualad. "Help the police. Help them secure both the asylum and the prison. Once that is taken care of, you will patrol the city. Make sure to look in the areas of the city that are frequented by the criminals, but do not engage anyone. You have not faced criminals like Gotham's. Stay back, and if you find any, call for backup. Are you clear?"

The team nodded. "I said, are you clear?" Batman repeated, needing them to give a verbal response.

A chorus of "yes sir"s rang out through the team. "Good. If Wayne and Grayson were targets before, they are even more so now. One of you must be with Grayson at all times. He is in danger, and we cannot risk anything happening to the boy."

The team nodded, before looking at each other, realizing something. If all of them were here, who was with Dick? None of them had even thought of it as they suited up and went to talk with Batman. They had just left Dick sitting on the back of the couch looking at the TV. The way he was staring at the TV, it looked like he was stuck with a mix of fear, and anger.

Batman seemed to realize this as well. "Where is he? Did you leave him alone in the house?"

No one said anything as they opted to look down at the floor in front of the hologram. They looked at each other carefully, and before anyone could say anything, the sound of a grappling hook could be heard. Everyone looked around, and soon their very own Boy Wonder was standing in front of them. Kid Flash sputtered out a mix of astonished and confused noises, as the team just looked at him. Robin smirked at the team's reactions. "What, you didn't think I'd let you have all the fun, did you?"

Artemis looked at him like he was crazy. "You call this fun? How in the world is this fun? Crazed maniacs, and lunatic killers are on the loose, we have no clue where to even start looking for them and... and you're not even paying attention to a word I'm saying, are you?" She said as she noticed him typing something onto his wrist computer.

"No, not really. I heard yada yada, crazed maniac, yada yada lunatic, yada yada, you need my help." Robin said.

"How did you get here? You're supposed to be in London. You know, taking care of Mr. Wayne." Kid Flash blurted out. Robin finished typing whatever it was he was doing and looked up at the ginger hero. "Zeta Tube."

Robin quickly turned his attention to Batman. "I sent you a list of the places I think we should search first. Once you approve of it, we can have KF go to the prison to make sure all of the inmates are in their cells again, and Miss M can go to the asylum to get everyone asterous again. Since Artemis and I know the city better than the others, we can lead the team around when they are done with that."

Robin spoke with such authority that, before he knew what he was doing, Batman started looking through the list. He paused and looked up at Robin for a second. "We are definitely talking about this. Kid Flash, Miss Martian, do as Robin said. Make sure the police have the asylum and Blackgate under control, then meet back here to begin looking for the escapees. Robin, I assume you've gotten Dick Grayson somewhere safe?"