3: Ruining Today

Wayne Manor, March 27, 2010, 16:42 EST

The team all stood up and greeted the young boy. They each took a good look at him. He had beautiful, bright blue eyes, pitch black hair, and a child-like face. He couldn't have been taller than 5'0", and he was fidgeting almost nervously. "Uh, do you guys want a tour of the place? Or wanna do something different?"

"A tour would be wonderful." M'gann said. Dick nodded. "Okay, cool. We can start upstairs, and work our way down to the basement, then I can show you what we have outside."

The team all followed him up the stairs. He looked tired, but he didn't make a big deal about it. His backpack was still on, but he didn't seem to realize. He led them through the different rooms, showing them where they each would be sleeping. "Bruce told me you guys were coming, so he had me pick which rooms you would sleep in. I tried to pick them based on what I thought you would like, but if you wanted to switch rooms, it's totally okay. Pretty much any room is free reign except for these three." He said pointing to the rooms.

"This is Bruce's room, but he doesn't like people going in it, so he locks the door. And this is Alfred's room." Dick continued going through the different rooms, including the library that went throughout all three stories of the manor. He then brought them down to the main level, showing them the kitchen, living rooms, dining room, ball room, and the gym.

"This is the gym. I don't know if you guys do, you probably do because you are bodyguards, but if you ever want to use it, feel free. Almost anything is free reign. We have a rock climbing wall you can use, along with many different exercise equipment. We also have a wrestling mat for wrestling or sparring, or anything like that. Through the glass doors is a pool, and we also have a jungle gym type of thing outside along with a track if you want to run. We also have an archery range through that door. The only thing I ask that you do not use is the Trapeze set. You can use the gymnastics equipment, but please return the settings to how they were when you use them."

The team was staring at the entire place in awe. "If you want, we can stay in here if you want to try something, before we get back to the tour."

The group looked at each other before they all nodded. "That would be great." Wally said, before going over to look at the cool equipment. Kaldur went to check out the pool, while Artemis went to check out the archery room. Connor and Megan went to check out things as well. As they did that Dick sat down at the bench by the gym doors. His smile dropped, and he just looked at the gym, at the trapeze set up.

His mind started to wander slightly. CRACK. SNAP. SCREAMS. THUD. Suddenly a hand was on his shoulder. He jumped and got ready to fight if it was needed, but he calmed down when he saw Kaldur in front of him. "Are you alright friend?"

Dick realized he had been crying softly. He wiped the tears quickly and plastered on his fake smile. He had learned how to do that easily after being Bruce Wayne's ward for four years. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, just lost in thought. Are you ready for the rest of the tour?"

He stood up, not looking at any of his 'bodyguards' in the eyes. They nodded, but they all shared a look.

He is not alright, Connor thought in the mind link. The others nodded in agreement.

Wally looked at the kid and shook his head softly. Spoiled brat my ass.

What could possibly be going on in his life? Artemis asked. He's got a dad, a huge house, he is a freaking genius, this beautiful gym, and a butler for crying out loud. He's got to be faking it.

Dick was staring at the team. None of them had said anything for a couple of seconds, and with them, that was extremely rare. "Ready?"

Kaldur nodded. "Of course."