6: Answering Unasked Questions

Wayne Manor, March 28, 2010, 10:33 EST

There were very few people who were able to sneak up on, or even scare Dick Grayson. The first person is Bruce Wayne, the infamous Batman. Being the Dark Knight himself, it makes sense. Everything Dick knows was taught to him by Bruce, but that doesn't mean he knows everything the Bat knows. Having been trained by the vigilante himself, he has gotten used to being able to blend into the shadows, but it never ceases to frighten him when people are able to sneak up on him.

The only other person who is, somehow, always able to sneak up on the acrobat is Alfred. He always seems to show up when Dick is preoccupied by something, or not paying attention. Usually after a particularly long patrol, or a hard day at school. He always had some type of food in his hands for the young boy, reminding him to eat and take care of his body.

Something Dick was not expecting was to be snuck up on by the speedster of his team. The most clumsy person in the team was able to sneak up on, and scare Dick. Of course, it wasn't on purpose.

Dick finished his shower, and got ready for the rest of the day. He knew he had things to do today, mainly school related. He got the book Great Expectations out of his backpack as well as his journal for his reading logs. He walked out of his room, and sighed. As much as he loved having the team there, he wanted to have some time by himself, and he knew he wasn't going to get much of it. He went to the main level, trying to find someone from his team. He knew he should probably tell them where he was going.

He heard sounds from the gym. He smirked softly. Knowing his teammates, they were most definitely using their powers, and he knew they weren't supposed to let Dick find out. This was going to be fun.

He walked into the gym, books in hand, and watched them. Artemis was in the archery room, shooting arrows blindfolded, making a bullseye with every shot. Kaldur was in the pool, swimming laps. M'gann and Wally were sparring, M'gann floating up into the air, but she still looked like Megan, as in not green. Wally was speeding around the mat, trying his hardest to get an angle at M'gann. Connor was working on lifting weights, lifting way more than could be physically possible. None of them had noticed Dick walk in.

He just stared at them, mostly M'gann and Wally, who were openly using their powers. Dick stood there for a considerable amount of time, before purposefully dropping his book, making a loud thud. M'gann and Wally suddenly stopped what they were doing, and looked at Dick. Connor almost dropped the weights he was using, but caught them and put the weights back on the rack. Since Artemis and Kaldur'ahm were in another room, they didn't hear the interruption.

Dick put his best surprised face on, and almost couldn't keep a straight face as Wally's eyes widened. M'gann quickly lowered herself to the floor, her head down. After a minute Kaldur'ahm and Artemis came out of the rooms they were in, most likely called upon through the mind-link. "What did you do, you idiot?"

Wally looked at her and scowled. "I didn't do anything."

"It was my fault as well as Wally's." M'gann said.

Kaldur'ahm looked at Dick and then the rest of the team. "So... you guys are superheroes. The Young Justice League, so to speak?"

Kaldur nodded. "Yes. I am Kaldur'ahm, also known as Aqualad."

"I'm Miss Martian."

"Superboy."

"Kid Flash."

"Artemis."

Dick looked at Artemis. "Wow. Really creative name."

Artemis shrugged. Dick looked at the team, counted something on his fingers then looked up at them. "There's supposed to be six of you. Where is the other?"