10: Dark Nights

Unknown Location, March 30, 2010, 17:21 EST

Dick woke up in a dark room. The only light that could be seen was a sliver under the door. He felt his breathing speed up slightly, but he forced himself to calm down. He is too old to be scared of the dark, and besides, he's dealt with way worse than this before. He will be fine. The sliver of light seemed to be getting less and less as time went on. Dick tried to go toward the door, trying not to lose the little glimmer of light he had, but found he couldn't. That is when Dick felt the chains around his arms and legs.

Dick tried to pull his arms forward, but it ended up irritating his wrists a lot. The cuffs were too tight, digging into his wrists, and he started to lose feelings in his fingers. He sighed in defeat, and went back to the wall, leaning his back against it. He pulled his legs up, and wrapped his arms around them as much as he could with the shackles. His head was pounding, and he could swear he could feel a bump that had formed on the back of his head where the bat had connected with it.

It wasn't as if he was scared, or that this was his first kidnapping. It wasn't. He has been kidnapped enough to know how to deal with it. But if he was being honest with himself, being kidnapped wasn't exactly the activity he wanted to participate in. He's been taken by Joker, along with Harley and Poison Ivy, Riddler, and there were a couple of lowlife robbers who just wanted Bruce's money. He was out of there in thirty minutes tops.

If he was being honest, his favorite times being kidnapped was when it was the Riddler. Sure there wasn't anything good about it, because he was held against his will, but the company was actually not bad. Riddler and him have had some pretty interesting conversations, and he ended up stumping The Riddler with his own riddle. Everyone has it, but no one can lose it, what is it?

The Riddler hasn't gotten it, and even though he could have easily looked it up on the internet, what's the point. He may be a villain, but he is no cheater. Anytime Robin comes across the Riddler, he repeats the question, and every time Riddler has a guess, but it is never correct. Robin has started addressing The Riddler as "Uncle Ed" because that defines their relationship better.

The times he was taken by the lowlifes wasn't bad either. They fed him, didn't hit him, and took better care of him than he did sometimes. They didn't dare hurt the boy, because they didn't want to face the wrath of Bruce Wayne. He may just be a billionaire playboy, but he can do some serious damage. The last time he was taken, Bruce had to remind Robin not to kill the kidnappers. It wasn't like he was planning on it, but he was going to hurt them. They made him miss his gymnastics tournament.

If Dick is being completely honest with himself, he was also completely okay with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. They have taken him when he's been Robin and Dick. As Dick, they were a lot more gentle with him, which he thought was weird. They didn't even have a reason to take him, they were just bored. When he was taken as Robin, they did some damage, but not as much as they could have. They must have realized they were fighting an eleven year old kid, so they held back. Little did they know, so did Robin.

There was one person he was, lets say, less than fond of. The Joker. He didn't care what damage he did to the boy. He just wanted to get a couple laughs in. He wanted to see if the little birdy would sing for him. He didn't, making the clown more annoyed and irritated than when Batman found him and threw him back into Arkham.

The issue on the table though was Dick had no clue who had taken him. It was sudden, fast movements, and he was knocked out before he knew what was happening. He had no clue how to get out of wherever he was, no clue who he was going to be dealing with, and he didn't know if his team was looking for him.

The door to the cell he was in suddenly opened widely. The light was overwhelmingly bright, forcing Dick to shut his eyes in sudden pain. His headache got even worse. He wasn't able to see who stood at the door, only being able to see a silhouette of the person before he had to shut his eyes. He felt a strong, cold grip on his shoulder, and he was forced to stand up quickly. His knees popped in protest, not used to the pressure, nor the fact that they were straight. He opened his eyes right as a blindfold went over his eyes.