Chapter 2 ~ Nandos

So I am actually going to dinner with Finn Harries. Actually, he was going to dinner with me but that was just me kidding.

I just stared at myself in the mirror.

Why would someone like that, like someone like me? I thought.

I finally snap out of my trance and decide to grab something good or acceptable to wear. Both of us agreed on 7 o' clock and it's still 4 o' clock, I had plenty of time to try and take this all in and be calm.

4:30

Still nothing to wear. I was certainly not wearing jeans. I would look ridiculous next to him.

5:00

I have no choice but to wear pants. Now about my top. Not jumpers. Definitely not.

5:40

Everything isn't really going to plan. I had nothing decent to wear but a blue jumper with Mickey Mouse on it. Oh well, it's better than wearing nothing.

6:10

I took a bath and my mind got refreshed and my anxiety kicked in. I ask myself if I should wear make up but you choose not to. It's dark out and I was sure he wouldn't notice plus, I am so lazy and I didn't even know how to put on make up

6:40

Everything is set. My hair is done... Sort of. I just gave up on it and let it loose. 20 more minutes and he should be here, if he fortunately followed the details I sent him and found my house. I decided not to bring a bag and just stuff everything in your pockets. All I had was my phone and a bit of money and I hated carrying bags around.

15 more minutes. I paced the floor of my bedroom and bit my nails. My anxiety is really going up right now, I stop pacing and just flop on my bed. I close my eyes and try to calm myself down.

"Maeca? Wake up, love." Finn said as he gently shook my shoulders. I didn't notice that I've drifted off to sleep and now that realization kicks in and I see Finn inside my room, I feel my face burn up and I internally panic. My eyes widened and I was speechless.

"You must've been waiting really long or you fell asleep because you're tired. Sorry about that, love. We could just stay here? It's all up to you." He said with that smile of his that just stops my world and makes me drool.

"No! I'm fine! Let's go!" I said as I sat up. He stood up an helped me.

I was outside my house and his car was there. He ran to it and opened the door for me, jokingly making an exaggerated impression of a gentleman. I giggle and he chuckles as I step into the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he drove.

"We're going to Nando's. I can't take you anywhere else because I don't really know a lot of fancy places. I'm so sorry for that." He glanced at me with eyes that had a hint embarrassment and a lot of nervousness. Maybe he was just as nervous as I was, that would be impossible, though. Why would he be? It's not like I was someone important or anything.

We finally arrived at the nearest Nando's. He ordered for me and we chatted while we ate. We had a lot of things in common and a lot of things we didn't agree on which led to arguments and agreements. A bit of jokes here and there which I laughed at because it's easy to make me laugh. I notice all those little things about him. His small grins, they way he looks, the way those brilliant green eyes suddenly light up from time to time, how he bites his lips, the sound of his laugh, his stunning voice. I just sit there and wonder how this absolutely beautiful creature end up having dinner with a hobbit like me.

Dinner came to an end. He took lots of photos of his food and of me. He says he won't be posting my photos which gave me relief. I walk outside of the restaurant and he held my hand, pulled me so that I was facing him.

"Do you mind if we take a walk for a little bit?" He asks me.

"No, not at all."

"Great! Let's take a look around and talk for a bit."

Both of us walk around on the sidewalk and he still hasn't let go of my hand. I smirk and enjoy the moment and I squeeze his hand. He looked at me and smiled wide and blushed a hint of pink and gave of a shy chuckle.

"What were you thinking about before the date?" he asked out of the blue.

"Uhhh... Before you came to pick me up but instead saw a sleeping hippo?" I say jokingly. He laughed a bit.

"Yeah, but you're no hippo okay." he said back and I blushed.

"I was thinking of what to wear. I said I wouldn't wear a sweater/ jeans combo but alas, I did. I look ridiculous next to you right now."

"You don't look ridiculous, you look lovely. I quite enjoy disney and why didn't you want to wear jeans and a sweater?" Now I was blushing really hard. Can he just stop giving me compliments? I just can't handle it anymore. It would be his fault if you suddenly burst right now.

"I just didn't want to look like a piece of shit tonight since you look like an angel and thank you I enjoy disney a lot too."

He suddenly held my forearm and turned me to face him. He was looking intently at me and holding me in place. He just stared in my eyes then he kissed me. He kissed me and it was amazing. It was beyond amazing. When he let go I was stunned.

"You have been a joy to be around with, Maeca. I promise you that, but there is one thing about you that annoys me. You keep on insulting yourself. You're beautiful, kind, smart. You're... you're absolutely perfect and you can't even see it. It's so frustrating! Now every time you insult yourself, I will kiss you from this day forward. I just want you to know how special you are." he said looking into my eyes. Those green eyes filled with a sort of eagerness. I just can't help but kiss him again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOT IMPORTANT NOTE!

Hello, awesome people! :D How you doin'? Fine? I hope so! Did you enjoy it? I hope you did!

Okay, bye! :D Read this story by KathyPotterhead!!! :DDD

http://www.wattpad.com/story/4012718-you%27re-my-music-to-my-melody-finn-harries-fan