Chapter 9 ~ Youtubers

MAECA'S POV

I was scrolling through my dashboard reblogging gifs of Doctor Who and edits of the Avengers  in my room at London when my phone beeped. I checked and it was a text from Finn. I felt myself smile like a complete loser. 

Hey babe! :) 

I don't know why I smacked the table with my fist but I did and it hurt. Sorry about my brain. 

What's up, babe? :DDD 

 I put my phone back down and waited for a reply whilst scrolling through my dash. Then, I saw it again. That God forsaken list. Why does this keep on popping up on my dash? I don't even follow a lot of hipster blogs. 

I took a look at it, longer than I should have. It was like my hand had a mind of it's own when it grabbed the stack of sticky notes always on my desk and started writing it down. As if that wasn't enough, I also saved it like it was some sort of really important evidence to a crime. I put the sticky note on the side of my screen, like it was a really important reminder. It was irritating, really.

My phone beeped once more,

Are you free tomorrow afternoon?

To which I quickly replied,

Yeah, I think so. Are you home? 

Yes, and good. Do you mind if we go to Brighton, then?

No, what time are we going? 

I'll pick you up at 3 :)

Okay then. :D

Another weekend with Finn. I just couldn't take it all in. I walked downstairs and it smelled like pasta and tomato sauce. This could only mean one thing. I burst through the kitchen door, a bright smile on my face.

"I knew you'd come sooner or later," my mum remarked with a small smile. Her hair was tied into a messy ponytail, a few strands fell to her ever radiant face. 

"I'd run a mile just to eat it." I said to her. Nothing could ever make me happier than my mum's lasagna. "Do I drain this or...?" I asked pointing to the pot of pasta. 

"Yes please," she said as she passed me the colander. I draind the pasta and grabbed a dish where we could plate the lasagna. Mum removed the pot of tomato sauce from the fire and onto the counter. Layer after layer and we were done, mum pushed it in the oven, closed it and leaned onto the counter next to me. 

"Any plans this weekend?" she asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow." 

"Where to?"

"To Brighton." 

"With?" she asked in a playful tone.

"With Finn." I said and a slight smile crept onto my lips. Mum shook her head, not in dismay or anything. She was even smiling while she did.

"What now, mum?" I asked.

"What?!" she said, pretending to be innocent.

"Come on, mum."  I forced.

"Just be careful, okay? You're old enough and if I start nagging you, you'll just wave me off." 

"Mum, oh no..." I started to get embarrassed. "Mum, are going to have the talk?" 

She turned to me,wide eyed like a child "Well, it depends... Do you want to?" she joked.

"No, I think I know enough." I told quickly and covered my ears. Mum, wrapped her arms around me and laughed. I lay my head on her shoulders.