Chapter 10 ~ The Shortest War In History

"Hello? Kath, what's up?" I asked.

"Ummm... Are you doing something?" she asked, something in her tone.

"Yeah, I'm in Brighton. Why, has something happened?" I asked, getting worried by the minute.

"I sort of need you to go to Bristol right now I really need you." I could her the plea in her voice. 

"Why what's wrong?" this is when I started to panic.

"Just come, please." she said simply and hung up.

I turned quickly to Finn and saw that he was already coming up to me.

"What's up?" he asked, his brow furrowed. 

"Kath needs me," I say with a shrug. "I need to go to Bristol."

"Right now?!" he replied with disbelief. I just shrugged again absolutely clueless. 

"It's okay, I got some cash on me I can just take the train," I offered.

"In the middle of the night? Not gonna let that happen, babe," he said and turned back around.

"We're off guys, something's up with one of Mae's friends," he explained. A symphony of oh no's and awww's sprung about of course Caspar had a huge pout on his face. 

"Don't you like us?" he asked with puppy dog eyes and everything.

"Aw, I like you but if I don;t go to my friend now there's a high possibility she'll be the one to dislike me." 

"Okay, let her go, Caspar. Just come back, okay?" Louis said.

"Of course! Anytime, you guys are awesome."

"Yeah, you're awesome too," Zoe said in her ever chirppy voice.

I said my goodbyes and we walked out of the doors.

----------------------------Bristol-----------------------------

I went up to our room and before I even opened the doors I could hear screaming. I opened it and was greeted with an arguing Kath and Ron. Couldn't even think of the slightest idea why this was happening.

"Hello," I squeaked. Nothing, all they can hear is them screaming. 

"PIPE THE FUCK DOWN YOU TWATS, OR I WLL SHOVE MY SHOE DOWN YOUR THROATS!" I tried again, a little less subtle. Which worked, because they were now throwing death glares that were aimed at each other a while ago.

"Good, now can anyone tell me what's happening?" I expected an answer. 

"This prick," she pointed at Ron, "This prick is the reason for everything bad in my life!"

"Oh, so now I'm a prick? Remember when you used to call me baby?" he snapped back. I think I have an idea now.

I spared a look at Finn who was also staring at me with probably the same expression as I had which was what the fuck is going on. 

"We can just sit this out," I suggested.

"Much better," he agreed.

We made our way to the sofa and sat in the middle while the two continued arguing.

"Why here? Why here of all places? You knew I was going here, you bloody knew!" Kath said her nostrils flaring.

"I'm sorry about three generations of my family studying here so I basically had no choice! Do you think I'm enjoying this?"

"Do you think I care about that? You have your own free will and according to my common sense, you're allowed to use it!" 

"Are you even processing things in your head? I'd be breaking tradition!"

"Why not? That won't be a start since you obviously know how to break promises."

"We're going to this again?! For the last time, I did not break it! I was there right where you told me to be!"

"Then did my sight just intentionally erase you because I saw no Ron there."

"I waited for you! I waited and I was sure you were ditching me already, what was I giong to do? Wait for someone who won't even come?" 

"Yes! If that's what it takes because that's what you do for the people you love! You'd wait no matter how long!"

"There's a big difference between being in love and being stupid, Kath." 

"Then maybe I was just stupid," Ron shouted back,  

The whole time Finn and I just watched them like they were having a tennis match. We looked at each other again and smiled like we knew something they didn't which clearly wasn't the case.

"Okay," I interjected, "can someone please, properly explain to me what's happening?" I asked once more. But of course, they ignored me. 

"You know what, maybe you were stupid." Ron shouted back. "You were stupid and obnoxious and clingy and you were always jealous and you always wanted to be with me and you would literally pounce at anyone you saw me with."

"That's not tr-" 

"It is true, Kath." he cut her off but this time he was more gentle. Sincerity leaked from his eyes. "You would pounce at anyone because you were afraid I'd be thinking more about them than you, but in all honesty you were all that was ever in my mind. You were clingy but I didn't mind, I wanted to spend every second with you. You were obnoxious, always asking me where I was and who I was with but I knew it was only because you cared. And you are stupid for falling in love with the guy who I was but I hope you're ready for the guy I am now." he ended. All I could see in Kath's face was shock. She didn't know how to process this and I knew this because even I couldn't process this. 

She just stared at him for minutes and minutes on end. Opening her mouth to say something but closing it again. Maybe Ron got impatient for a response because he scratched the back of his neck in frustration.

"I love you, Kath," he emphasized each word. "I always have and nothing's changed, I'm sorry if that's what you want to hear." he let his voice trail off and Kath has now snapped out of her trance. She walked towards him slowly. They were a few inches apart when she stopped and just stared at him again.

Now, I don't know how fast things went because I didn't notice Kath's hand fly up but I did see how she slapped him right across his face to which he held with boths hands before crouching down. The sound of her hand against his skin was so loud even I could feel the slap. But then she made him stand up properly and hugged him like she didn't just bat away his soul with her hand.

I silently told Finn to stand up and go outside to give them their moment.

"Let's take a stroll, it's a lovely night," Finn said and I happily agreed.

"Do you think that'll ever happen to us?" he suddenly asked. His arm around my shoulders covering them from the cold night breeze.

"What'll happen to us?" I asked cluelessly.

"That. that kind of arguement," he explained.

"Well no, I would never slap your face," I said with a smile.

"And why is that?" his brows furrowed.

"Two reasons, you're too pretty for that and I'm not as saddistic as Kath," we laughed in unison.

"But for serious though, what if that does happen?" he asked with a yearning in his eyes.

"Then let it happen, what's bound to happen is going to happen." But you'll be too important for me to let go. I say quietly in my head. 

"It won't, I promise," he whispered as if he didn't want me to hear it.