Chapter 6 (edited)

Hi everyone

Recap:

I believe my girls will finally complete the Deluca family. I think with a small smile on my face.

Alessandro's pov:

Dad has been acting like a kid since he got the news of twins. After mom died dad changed. He gave Lily a chance to be in our life but she also ran away. But when he got to know about the twins death, it was his breaking point.

He suffered from depression but never let anyone know his pain. He went into therapy for 4 years but never told us so that we don't feel responsible to help him. He was always there for us but he never let us be there for him. He believed it was his duty to be there for us nd not tge other way round, no matter how worse his mental health is.

Now everyone other than Matteo is already an adult. He wanted to give us our space. He wantee us to learn from our mistakes. Hence as we grew he stoped interfering in our things unless it concerned our safety. He didn't want to be an overbearing parent who kids grow up to dislike. He just wanted to be our friend with whom we can discuss everything.

There is a reason he didn't give me mafia yet. He felt that if he gives up the mafia title their would be no purpose for him in life. In the past few years he started getting back into his depressing state. None of us knew the reason but all we could do was be with him. He started overworking and avoiding his problems.

And now seeing him smile and laugh makes me happy. All I have ever truely wished was for his happiness. I truely believe that the twins will help him out without even realizing it. Just knowing about them has made him so happy. I can't wait for them to come live with us.

I remember how excited I was for the twins birth. Though I never accepted Lily as my mom but I always had immense respect for her. My 12 year old self was thankful for her beacause she was going to give me my sisters. I remember always following her around so that my sisters will know about my presense. Mom always said that baby can sense if you talk to them. I used to spend hours ranting about my days to Lily's growing stomach when she was asleep. I always promised to protect my sisters. Quite ironic considering I couldn't even see them for first 15 years of their life.

But I promise that I will give them all the love in the world. I will make sure to never let them feel left out.

As soon as we reached New York we rushed to our hotel to freshen up. Around 7:30 we both we ready and we started driving towards the police station.

I would be lieing if I say I am not nervous. I am not sure how would they react. After reaching the front desk we asked them about Officer Pablo. They directed us towards his office. As soon as we entered he started discussing all the legalities. I could see that my father was getting impatient.

"I am sorry to interrupt by is it okay if we meet with the twins first and then proceed with the legalities? " I ask him calmly hiding my inner dilemma. I was not sure what to feel. I was scared, happy, sad, angry, unsure and just confused about everything.

"Sure. However only Rosalie is here. After we informed her about custody situation, she was willing to live with you whenever everything is ready. However Alexia wasn't at home when everything happened. She is not yet aware about situation. I would suggest for us to go to school and meet her there." Officer says.

We soon reach another room with a bed at end. A girl was sitting curled up crying. Dad slowly walks towards her and sits beside her.

"Hey, I am Francesco. Your biological father. " Dad says softly. She looks up at him and gives him a small smile.