Chapter 24

Hi everyone...

Sorry for the late update. This is a bit bigger chapter than my usual so I hope ypu enjoy it.

Recap:

I did the same with Lexi. I didn't want to insult Lexi or her friends. I was angry at them for bullying Rosie and I just wanted to protect them both. And after all that, she still seems too calm for my liking. Is she not mad at me or is she just good at hiding her emotions? 

Xander's pov:

I pick up my bag and rush behind Lexi. I need to talk with her. I found her in the corridor. Her friends were standing a bit away looking at her nervously. She was talking on the phone calmly but I could see that she was angry with how tightly she was clutching the phone.

"Why didn't you inform me earlier about this?" She says on the phone. She stops seeing me. 

"I'll call you back in a minute." She said cutting the call. 

"Yes Xander. Did you need anything?" she asked. Her friends were at a distance so they couldn't hear our conversation. 

"Yes. I wanted to ask something." I say back nervously. 

"Go ahead" She says, looking at me with curiosity. 

"Are you mad at me?" I ask mumbling hoping that she didn't hear what I said. However she did hear it. 

"Xander, I am not mad at you. I get that you were concerned about us and it's completely okay. I was just defending my friends and none of us is wrong. Rosie has always had a problem with my friends so it doesn't matter. So we are cool." She says with a shrug. 

"I am really sorry for what I said about lying. But I am still not sure if I can trust your friends." He says giving my friends a stinky eye.

"My friends are my family. We'll have a serious problem if you don't change your attitude towards them. If you don't like them, keep your distance. Just make sure whatever you do is because of your own judgement and not because someone else said it. You can't please everyone Xander.  Try to say things that are needed rather than the things said just to please others. It will make you happy.'' She says. I was about to say something but her phone rang again. 

"I am sorry Xander but I need to leave. We can talk later. And I'll be back before dinner." She says with a nod walking away to her friends. 

She just said what I needed to hear. With Lexi I didn't need to take any efforts to bond with her. We just had so much in common that we grew a mutual understanding about each other. We weren't close enough to talk about our secrets but I trusted her enough to help me cover up if needed. 

With Rosie, I couldn't bond much with her. We were just different and I was always scared to not say or do anything which would hurt her. When I realised that this made me less approachable, I started trying to be around her more. I let go of a lot of things when I should have called her out for her mistake. Today she crossed a line when she called Brittany a whore. I should have stopped her but I didn't want to upset her. I think I finally need to get my shit together and talk with Rosie.

Alexia's pov:

Xander was about to leave but I stopped him. I give my friends a go ahead nod before walking towards Xander. 

"Actually, I want to ask you something." I tell him, rethinking before actually saying the words. 

"Of Course sorella, I'll do anything for you to forgive me. " He says with a smile. There are rare moments like these when I actually see him smile wholeheartedly.