A Hand Up

I've known Kaworu for a few months now. He's the newest kid at Nerv, and the only person there that doesn't treat me like garbage or completely ignore my existence altogether.
  We weren't necessarily close from the start, however. Our meeting was chaotic and it took a while for either of us to communicate properly with each other, but once we learned to work and pilot in sync, our friendship came along easily.
Kaworu is effortlessly talented, confident, and cool. He has no reason to give someone like me the time of day, yet, he's always been good-natured. Even when I mess up, even when I don't deserve a single kind word, Kaworu finds a way to be nice to me.
I can almost convince myself that he really cares about me.
     Almost.

"What are you even doing up here?" I ask, a little embarrassed at the thought he might've seen what I was about let happen.

"I was looking for you. I know you like to come up here sometimes," he replies, lying down next to me.

  When did I tell him that?

  We lie still on our backs for a while, staring up at the stars before Kaworu breaks the silence again.
  "It's kinda cold out here. You must be freezing. Let's go inside." The taller boy gets to his feet and holds out a long slender hand, motioning for me to take it.
  I sigh and look back up at the night sky, purposely trying to ignore him. What does he even want? It's not like he pulled me from the ledge or anything, I just fell backwards, right?

  "C'mon. You really wanna lay out on the dirty roof all night?" he teases.

  "Maybe.."

  "Don't be like that. C'mon," he says again, making a point of showing me his outstretched hand.
  Kaworu's smile doesn't let up even when I try to ignore him. I hesitate for a moment more, but eventually take it and pull myself up.
  We make our way to the musty staircase, Kaworu supporting me with one arm around my shoulder.
  "How about you stay the night with me tonight." Kaworu says, more telling me than suggesting.

  I don't feel up to arguing.

We stop at floor 17 and go to his suite: A05. Most of the suites in this complex are cookie-cutter, carbon copies of one another. At first glance, this suite is no exception. The small living area and bare minimum kitchenette match my own. He doesn't seem to have a lot of personal items either. Neither of us have lived here for very long, I suppose.
  However, when Kaworu swings the door open all the way, I spot the only notable thing in the entire room; A black grand piano in the corner, taking up more space than what seems practical.

  Kaworu leads me down the hallway that has three doors, a bedroom, a bath and what I presume is a closet, just like my own.
      Inside the all white bedroom is a double bed that sits in the corner and a little dresser off on the opposite side. Kaworu heads in and rummages through the top drawer, pulling out a pair of pyjamas and tossing them at me.

"These should fit," he says with a smile

I feel myself turn red so I look away. "Um..well..are you sure you even want me here. My suite isn't very far away..." I stammer, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

  Kaworu smiles softly. "Of course not. I wouldn't have it any other way."