Waking up

I wake up to a warmth on my face. The bright light of the sun beams through the window, it's rays engulfing me.
     When my eyes adjust to the light, I see that I'm once again not in my own room.
     I sit up slowly and rub the sleep from my eyes, yawning quietly.
     Misato's going to be pissed when she notices I'm not home again.

     "Shinji."

     I look up to see Kaworu standing at the door, his hands in his pockets and a soft smile on his face.
     "K..Kaworu..erm." I stammer a little, my hand moving to my neck nervously.

     "Did you sleep well?" Kaworu asks, walking over and sitting at the foot of the bed.
     I laugh softly. "Yeah. About that...I'm sorry"
     Kaworu smiles and shakes his head.
     "No need to be sorry. I'm just happy I checked."
     I look down at my hands. A bit embarrassed.
     There's a lull for a moment, nothing but the hum of the city from the window. I'm unsure of what to say.

     "Do you need to go to school?" Kaworu asks, breaking the silence as he looks at the alarm clock on his dresser.
     8am.

     "Ahh..erm..I'm not going today." I laugh nervously again.
     I know I'll get into trouble, but when do I not these days anyways.
     "But, Kaworu, I've been meaning to ask...what do you do when we're at school, anyways?"
     I've never asked him why he doesn't go to school. I always just assumed he'd been moved ahead and finished before everyone else, or was waiting for when he goes back to wherever he was from after this whole "Angel" ordeal is over. He's pretty knowledgeable already. (Besides not knowing how to make an omelette)

     Kaworu thinks for a moment.
     "Well." he starts. "I usually go for walks or play the piano...but I also like to read or sit in the bath house for a while since it's usually empty during the day."

     "Mm" I hum in acknowledgement. Pretty well the same things I would do.

     "Would you like to spend the day with me, Shinji?" He asks.
     I look back up to Kaworu who is watching me intently.
    "Mm" I hum again, nodding once with a smile.