•4• Company

Tat.      tat

        tat tat

                    tat

                     Tat     tat

"Goddamn it, they're outside." Caser said as he looked out the window. You sigh as you go to the corner of your room where you had placed your batons and your father's old axe. "If we're lucky we can just use the car to get to the graveyard, it's not far, only a few houses down."

"Ok, sure, but how are we gonna get it in the graveyard, and why don't we just fight them head on? We've done that before." Caser leaned against the wall, his brown hair made him look a bit too emo in the poor lighting.

"You remember the way we went in earlier? And we've only done that twice" "Yeah, but-" "great, you'll press the button then." Caser frowned, yanking the axe from your grasp, "why do you get to drive, you're not even close to getting your permit or license."

"And you are?" You and Caser walked to the kitchen and started to look for the keys, only to find out your dad had left them in his pockets before 12. "Goddamn it, the world just loves us huh."Caser mumbled. "Shut up Slimer, we can just use the bikes from the garage."

You walked past him as he threw his arms up in the air, "Come on, cut it out with the ghost jokes." He whisper- yelled, making you roll your eyes. You take the baseball bat from the front door and move to the garage where the bicycles were kept.

                     ~Somewhere else~

Six kids were huddled in a school bus under the seats as an inky figure lurked around them. Their weapon box was at the front and they were just conveniently at the back.

Ashlyn, the red head of the group, had mistakenly made a sound after attempting to move to said box, lured the phantom towards her and had grabbed hold of her long braids. Just before things were about to escalate, everyone including the phantom paused at the sound of the front gate quickly opening and closing, resulting in the large 'booms' they had heard. Taylor, Tyler and Logan were practically frozen in place, and Ashlyn and Ben weren't exactly in a better position.

Aiden as always had a grin on his face, so nobody could really tell what he's thinking. Suddenly the phantom ran out of the bus, seemingly in a rush, as the group collectively let out a deep breath.

                   What just happened

Words:418
7/28/22