•7• School

The first day of school was just as you expected. You woke up, put on a smiley face hoodie and some baggy pants before brushing your hair, teeth, or whatever and grabbing the bluetooth headphones that sat in the corner of your room.

You navigated down stairs, your head pounding from just waking up and hearing your baby sister crying like the world was ending because she didn't want to eat carrots. Tasteless mother fuckers. As you sat down on the chair by the kitchen counter, someone had come up behind you and gave you a good ol' swat to the back of the head.

You didn't bother turning as you rasied your first and smacked Caser in the side before sitting properly again. "You two ready for your first day of school?" Your mother said, feeding Sam a spoon full of baby food. "I'm just happy I don't have to share a class with them" Caser grumbled, angrily eating his scrambled eggs, his blue eyes looked dull as usual.

"Feelings mutual." You responded in a similar tone. Your father sighs," when will you two finally get along and work together. It's almost like you need a life or death expirience in order for that to happen." You and Caser glanced at each other with a 'is this old man freaking serious' look.

You got out of your chair as you finished eating and grabbed your bag and walked to the door, peaking through the peaphole as you saw the bus stopping at the bus stop. "Aight, I'm leaving." "This early?" "Yup, bus is here." You said nonchalantly as you walked out the door, smirking as you heard a crash from your brother scurrying to get his things together.

"Heh, amature." You grinned as you got to the bus stop, you saw another girl with long red hair tied in two braids walking into the bus before you. She had eye bags under her green eyes and wore a bitch face like a badass. 'She could be entertaining, I'll spare her for now.' you thought as you got on as well, seeing Caser running like his life depended on it to the bus.

As you walked down the aisle, you saw a blond kid with a big grin sitting, or rather leaning and talking the red head's head off and you quickly glanced away as he looked over towards you. To your surprise, there was and empty seat and you quite litterally snatched that thing as fast as humanly possible. Caser had already caught up to you as he neared your seat, about to sit down before some older kids his age got his attention and he sat with them.

You rolled your eyes and looked out the window. When you eventually made it to the school, you got off the bus and walked a few pases before the blond kid with a grin on, popped in front of you. "Hi! Your new right?" He said. He looks as if he's a bit insane in the membrane and his eye bags were similar to yours.

"Uh, yeah." You walked around him awkwardly as he and a tall brown haired kid followed you. "Same, but we came here a few months before you, your pretty late into the school year huh." 'what is this kid on about, I've never been so excited to get to the dean's office to get a schedule' you though, social anxiety rising from his lack of personal space.

'This was going to be a great year huh.'

Words:596
7/31/22