House of Dares p2

"I wish I could have seen her face when she woke up just covered in feathers." Jerome says as I sit beside him at the table after Patricia had just finished telling him and Alfie about Nina and I's apparent shared nightmare- not that they know of this, which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Was it like this?" Alfie asks before leaning slanted in his seat, turning his head to face the ceiling, his expression wide eyed, mouth open, mocking a frightful expression.

The three of them proceed to laugh while Fabian and I make eye contact, the two of us unimpressed with their mockery of Nina.

"Hey guys, I've got an idea that really will give her nightmares." Patricia said with a mischievous smirk.

"Oh yeah?" Jerome questions, now intrigued with the idea of a new prank to pull. "What's that?"

"Sssh!" Alfie exclaims before Patricia can utter out her plan, holding his finger to his lips as Nina enters the room. I'm honestly surprised she didn't head out early again.

"Sleep well Nina?" Patrica asks before she, Alfie and Jerome all go "Caw! Caw!" Alfie being the only one to prolong it, while also making silly expressions, and flapping his hands.

"Ignore them." Fabian tells her, which she nods her head to.

"I am."

"So what was this dream anyway?" Fabian asked curiously, while Jerome pours himself cereal, and then offering me the box.

"It was awful." Nina whispers back while I take the box from Jerome. "I know they're making jokes, but it felt so real. It felt... Evil."

"Anyone seen Mara? She's got my hair straighteners." Amber says as she enters the room, her hand on her hips.

"Yeah," Fabian nods with a smile, "she's with Mick in our room." Oh for the love of-

"What?!"

"Oh-oh. Green-eyed monster alert." I nudge Jerome with my elbow, shooting him a look. He only chuckled, draping one arm around my shoulder. He could be such a pain.

"I'm not jealous." Amber says quickly. "Why would I be jealous? What's there to be jealous of?"she asks rhetorically as she slowly sits down in her seat, probably fighting off the urge to march in and interrupt whatever was going on.

"She's helping him with homework, that's all." Fabian says assuringly, trying to ease Amber's mind.

"Yeah. I know all about that." The blonde says, crossing one leg over the other. "And it's cool. I would help him, but I'm just so busy."

I admittedly chuckle while Alfie and Patricia laugh as Jerome mocks/mimics Amber's motion of flipping her hair over her shoulder. His movements and expressions being much more dramatic and exaggerated.

"I see you haven't sneaked out at the crack of dawn today?" Amber notes, changing the subject as she looks over at Nina.

Nina smiles stiffly. "Wow, everyone really does keep tabs on everyone else around here don't they?"

"Fabian said you'd gone into school early. But then you didn't turn up at first class?"

"Nina was helping an old lady accross the road." Trudy says as she leaves the kitchen to place bread on the table. "Literally." She says with a small laugh. "We had a surprise visitor from the old people's home." She said before going back into the kitchen.

"I'm not very good with old people. They're all so... Old aren't they?" At Amber's dramatic emphasis on the word 'old', Fabian proceeds to nearly choke on his orange juice.