House of Agendas p1

"That was strange, right? Victor suddenly calling for a bag search?" Fabian pondered, wanting clarification as he sat down beside me on my bed. Nina laying down on hers.

"I'd say." Nina says as she pulls out her locket, playing with it.

'It's all a ruse.' I yawn as I type, the two of them glancing at me with confused expressions. 'I saw Patricia sneak out of Mr Sweet's office earlier today, Mara distracting him quite poorly. My bet is that she took something, most probably related to Joy, or to at least something that would aid her in her obsession of contacting/locating her; and to not cause a scene, Victor called for a bag search in order to not single Patricia out or create a need for discussion.' I couldn't look less enthused if I tried. I couldn't care less anymore if I'm being honest. I care and miss Joy, I do, but Patricia has made it annoying and an unhealthy obsession to the point I'm pretty sure she's losing her mind. And frankly I don't feel like wanting to put that much effort into it.

"You think?" Fabian questioned. "You think she'd go so far as to breaking into Sweet's office?"

I send him a look that said 'well duh.'

"Well, she is 'the one who knows'," Nina said with a chuckle, referencing my tittle according to the woman who doesn't know her own name. "Look at you, Detective Sherlock." She praised.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. 'You flatter me, babes, but I'm nowhere near that skill level of deductibility.'

"I don't think I'll ever get use to your sudden flirty behaviour." Fabian softly laughs, shaking his head amused.

'Get use to it.' I responded, smiling, kissing my index and middle finger, before tapping them to his cheek- not to get Nina all jealous.

"So! I was thinking that tomorrow at lunch we head out to visit Sarah." Nina suggested, and Fabian and I looked at each other, before nodding.

"Sounds good."

"Great!"

I stretch out my arms, letting out another yawn before typing on the laptop, 'Alright, well I'm heading downstairs in the meantime while Captain Curfew continues to pretend to check our bags. I want Trudy's cupcakes. And then I might only come up a little before bed, Nina.'

"Jerome and Alfie movie marathon night?" She asked with a knowing smile.

'Jerome and Alfie movie marathon night.' I confirmed, repeating her words with a solid nod of my head.

I wave goodbye as they bid me off, and I skip down the stairs, heading into the living room. Mara and Patricia just ahead of me.

"What are you grinning at?" Patricia snarls having an issue with just about everyone. Though I suppose her sudden aggression towards Jerome is likely caused due to our bags being confiscated just as she had taken something.

"Just happy to be alive." He replied, still grinning happily. He was up to something. I know that look all too well. I saw that mischievous glint in his eye. But I chose to ignore it, grabbing a cupcake from the kitchen, a grin also adorning my lips as I lick some of the icing.

"Any sign of Victor with our bags?" Patricia asks as I sit myself beside Jerome on the couch. She and Mara on the chairs. Amber sitting across from us on the other sofa.

"No. It's great, isn't it? The perfect excuse not to do french homework." I take a bite of my cupcake as Jerome sounded so very pleased with this fact. I was indifferent on the matter though.