Is it too late to say sorry?

Saint, baby, wake up na? How many days are you going to stay like this? Don't you feel bad for Light? He hasn't seen his papa for the past few days.

Saint just stayed motionless on his bed. It had been three days since the dark day, since he last showered and eaten anything. He dropped his son at his mother's house without saying anything and drove to his house. He basically shut himself in, no tears were shed for three days, it is just Saint staying in his zone. Saint looked so tired, frailed and his face sunken and there are dark circles formed around his eyes. 

Saint...Saint's mama sighed and slowly stroked his messy hair. This is not my Saint, this is not the Saint who vowed to take care of his son no matter what, this is not the Saint who said that he doesn't need the other father to raise Light. What happened baby? Why are you acting like this, you are scaring me, his mom said on the verge of tears. Light has been crying nonstop, asking where his daddy is, I cannot keep telling my grandson that his daddy went for business, it has been three days Saint, three full days since you have showered and eaten anything, three days since you saw your son.

Saint blinked his eyes, his lips trembled and he started to sob, loud sobs were heard clearly in that room.

Baby...Saint's mama quickly went to his side and hugged the trembling body in her warm embrace. Mama is here, don't worry, it is going to be alright, you have me, you have Light, you have Fern, you have us, baby

Mama..Saint sobbed. He...he...talked bad about the birth of my son, the birth of our son...he...he said light is the end product of my...my..prostutio...

Saint..his mama called his name slowly. She slowly touched his wet cheeks.

Baby...who baby? She asked him.

Zee...Zee accused me of doing such ill things and he talked bad about my son's birth and my behaviour. He...he..assumed that Light is Dun's baby all because Light has the same thick eyebrows but he forgot how uncanny he and Light look. Light is his son mama...Saint hiccuped.

I swear I have never slept around, the only person I have slept with is Zee, he was my first and last. It was a one-night stand, a freaking mistake but my son is never a mistake, he is my miracle. How can a father talk ill about his own son's birth? My poor Light has to hear that from his own father. It is all my fault, Saint sobbed more. Light is so unlucky to be born to parents like me and Zee, we don't deserve him, Saint sobbed. 

Saint...don't say that, Light is the luckiest child to get you as his parent, you always gave him the best thing, you sacrificed a lot for Light, and you even let go of your dream to become a doctor for Light.

Mama...why..don't I deserve happiness, just when I thought that Light is finally getting a complete family, Zee ruined it by saying those hurtful words. I feel disgusted mama.

Saint...please don't blame yourself. what happened to Zee, he always keeps his cool.

I don't know mama but I feel it has got to do something with Aranya. She was there during our fight and she was smirking when I left. 

I think you two need to sort this ou..

No! No mama, I and Light are better off without him. We were fine before him and we will now and in future.

Baby, Zee still can fight for his rights.

Then, I will sure put a stronger fight, I won't hand over my son easily, if he dares, he needs to face me first and it will get real ugly real quick. It is my son only not his especially saying such things about Light.

It is okay baby, you take a shower, I have brought food, please at least this time have some food. I have prepared your favourite green curry and lemon chicken.