19:00 | ghost unraveling

HUGH ADAMS is a man pushing mid-fifties, complete with a congressional look

HUGH ADAMS is a man pushing mid-fifties, complete with a congressional look. I see his daughter in the edges of his eyes; they share the same round nose. Would he really hire some dude to kill his own child, though?

"For those of you who know me, I'm usually a man of many words..." He bends his head and a petite blonde walks up from behind, resting her head on his shoulder much like Peewee did to me minutes ago. "But my wife and I are truly at a loss for them right now. I will say that seeing how much you all loved and supported our daughter has been such a blessing. We may not always understand God's ways but I can promise everyone this: Penelope's killer will answer for what he did. My wife and I are partnering with Phoenix police and offering a $30,000 reward for anyone who can help us locate Wallace Jones."

My stomach tightens. I sneak a glance over at Ace, who looks like he just took a bullet to the gut.

"Fuuuck," Peewee groans.

Hugh's brows tighten as he breathes his last threat into the microphone. "I will not rest until my daughter's killer is brought to justice. Thank you."

"P," I whisper, feeling my heartbeat spike, "we have to get him out of here."

"I hate that man so much," she seethes. And then cupping her mouth, adds, "DID YOU HEAR THAT, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE? I HATE YOU!"

"Peewee," I hiss. "We need to go."

She looks back, as if remembering me. "Sorry. Uhh, yeah. It's way too dangerous for Ace now."

"Let's get out of here," I tell Ace. Still stunned into silence, he nods in agreement.

We both turn around and head toward the way we came. And all I can think about is how stupid we were for letting him come—or how stupid I was since he can't even see Peewee. When I lock eyes with him, he's emanating anxiousness. Hugh Adams has scared the complete hell out of him. I just pray he doesn't slip into a panic attack before we make it to my car.

"Dev!" Peewee touches me and a spiraling cold works goosebumps down my arm. I stop in my tracks, annoyed. "Look who the fuck it is."

I flick my eyes around us. But all I see is a myriad of strangers. "Huh?"

"It's Anakin!"

At this news, my eyes widen. "You're joking."

"Nope. He's right over there, helping with candle distribution."

Ace impatiently tugs on my hand. "What is it?"

That's when I spot a six-foot guy with dark curls, a creepy-ass smile, and lingering eyes on a group of unsuspecting girls.

I ball my fists.

"This is the perfect opportunity to see if he has the bite," Peewee says, already forging ahead.