Chapter 1

Lyra Potter stood in the dimly lit room, her eyes wide with disbelief and anger. The words hung in the air, a heavy weight on her shoulders. "Marry Voldemort? Are you insane?" The mere thought of being used as a sacrificial lamb, thrown to the dark lord himself, was beyond comprehension.

Dumbledore, the venerable wizard with his grandfathely face and usual twinkle in his eye, met Lyra's gaze. "Lyra, you have to understand that this is for the greater good. If you marry him, a peace treaty will be signed, and the rest of the wizarding world will be safe to live in peace without the constant threat of Voldemort looming over our heads. I understand that you are upset, my girl, but there is no other option."

Lyra felt the rage bubbling within her. "I have already lost so much in life. My parents, my childhood, my godfather, and now you want me to lose my freedom as well?"

Dumbledore's expression remained steady. "Sometimes sacrifices are necessary for the greater good, Lyra. You have an important role to play in ensuring the safety of our world."

"I can't believe the light would betray me like this," Lyra whispered in her head. An arranged marriage to the dark lord was not something she had ever imagined. Remus, one of the few brave enough to question Dumbledore, spoke up. "But surely we can't just let her be taken by the dark? What if they kill her the minute they see her?"

Dumbledore reassured him, "Don't worry, my boy. I have plans to ensure such a thing doesn't happen. There will be a contract to sign, ensuring that Lyra doesn't get harmed. This way, when the time comes, she can kill Tom, and the wizarding world can once again live in peace."

Lyra sighed, glancing around the room to see the faces of everyone present. With the exception of Remus, Hermione, Fred, George, and Mr. Weasley, they all seemed to support the idea. Accepting the inevitable, she finally looked back up at Dumbledore. "Fine, I'll do it."

Dumbledore could barely conceal his glee. "I knew you would understand that this is for the greater good. Lucius Malfoy will come here to pick you up tomorrow."

With that, he left the Burrow immediately, leaving everyone in the room to bombard Lyra with their opinions.

"I cannot believe that Death Eater will be coming to my house!"

"You're doing the right thing."

"Don't worry; Dumbledore knows what's best."

"The most important thing is not to step out of line, or the treaty may be called off."

"Make sure you-know-who trusts you so that we can kill him."

"Just stick to the plan, and none of us will die."

"Don't screw this up for us."

"Remember that—"

"ALL OF YOU, SHUT UP!" Lyra hollered.

Unable to endure it any longer, she ran out of the Burrow. Only once she was sure she was far away from them did she sink down to her knees and sob her heart out. The weight of her impending sacrifice settled over her, and the reality of what she had agreed to sank in. The path ahead was dark and uncertain, and Lyra couldn't shake the feeling that her world was unraveling before her eyes.

The next morning dawned gray and overcast, matching Lyra's somber mood. She felt like a prisoner on the way to her own execution as she stood by the doorstep of the Burrow, waiting for Lucius Malfoy to arrive. The air was heavy with tension, and she couldn't bear to look or speak to those she once considered her allies and friends. 

As she saw Lucius Malfoy walk up to the front door with his long platinum hair in a neat ponytail and a cane in his hand looking like the picture of an intimidating pureblood, her heart sank. The Malfoys were notorious for their association with the dark arts, and being thrown into their custody felt like stepping into the lion's den.

Lucius Malfoy, a tall and imposing figure, with his cold, gray eyes surveyed the surroundings with a measured air. Lyra couldn't help but shiver under his scrutinizing gaze.

"Lyra Potter," he said with a nod, his tone less menacing than she expected. "You're coming with me."

Lucius Malfoy regarded her with a measured gaze, devoid of his usual arrogance. "You're quite the prize, Ms Potter. The Dark Lord will be pleased."

Lyra clenched her fists, determined not to let him see her fear. Deep down, she knew that her journey was just beginning, and the challenges ahead were more daunting than anything she had faced before. The fate of the wizarding world rested on her shoulders, and whether she liked it or not, she was now a key player in a dangerous game of power and survival.