Chapter 28

As the first rays of dawn filtered through the curtains, Marvolo stirred from his sleep, feeling a weight against his arm. Blinking groggily, he realized he was still in Lyra's bed, the events of the previous night slowly coming back to him. He glanced down to find Lyra curled up beside him, her breathing steady and peaceful in sleep.

A soft smile tugged at the corners of Marvolo's lips as he watched her, a myriad of emotions swirling within him. Despite the chaos and unpredictability of the night before, there was a certain warmth in the simplicity of this moment—the quiet intimacy shared between two souls amidst the remnants of a drunken escapade.

Careful not to disturb Lyra's slumber, Marvolo gently got out of bed, quietly slipping out from under the covers. He glanced around the room, taking in the scattered remnants of their revelry—half-empty bottles of firewhiskey, crumbs of cake, and the faint scent of magic lingering in the air.

With a sigh, Marvolo set about tidying up the room, vanishing the empty bottles and remnants of their indulgence with a flick of his wand. As he worked, his mind wandered back to the events of the previous night. Lost in his thoughts, Marvolo was startled when he felt a gentle tug on his sleeve. He turned to find Lyra, now awake, gazing at him with sleepy eyes and a soft smile.

"Morning, Marvolo," she murmured, her voice still thick with sleep.

"Good morning, Lyra," Marvolo replied, returning her smile. "Did you sleep well?"

Lyra nodded, stretching her limbs with a contented sigh. "Like a baby. Thanks for staying with me, what happened last night?"

Marvolo chuckled, "Let's just say it was a night of unexpected adventures. Fireworks, dancing, and a unique display of your ability to turn invisible."

Lyra winced, memories flooding back. "Oh, Merlin. Did I break anything?"

Marvolo reassured her, "Nothing that can't be fixed. The manor survived."

Lyra groaned, rubbing her temples. "I think I might need a Pepper-up potion."

Mippy, ever attentive, appeared with a vial of the requested potion. Lyra gulped it down, sighing in relief as the tension in her shoulders eased.

"Thanks, Mippy," she mumbled, looking somewhat sheepish.

The house-elf nodded, "Mippy always happy to help, Miss Lyra."

As the effects of the Pepper-up potion took hold, Lyra glanced at Marvolo. "Can we get some breakfast? I'm hungry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later in the day, Tom Riddle gathered his Death Eaters for a meeting. The news of Dumbledore's demise had spread through the ranks, and it was time to address the fallout. Lyra, still nursing a mild headache, sat in the corner, observing the proceedings with a watchful eye.

Tom stood at the front of the room, addressing the assembled Death Eaters. "Dumbledore is dead. It's a significant victory for us, but don't underestimate the retaliation from the remaining members of the Order. Keep your guard up. We'll be prepared for whatever they throw at us."

As the meeting progressed, Lyra couldn't help but marvel at the way Tom commanded authority. It was both impressive and slightly unsettling. She remained in the shadows, invisible to most, absorbing the dynamics of the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That evening, as the day's events settled, tension lingered in the air when Lyra broached a topic that had been on her mind. "Marvolo, can we talk?"