Chapter 11

The imposing gates of Slytherin Manor swung open, revealing the familiar faces of Hermione Granger, Fred and George Weasley, and Luna Lovegood. They approached the grand entrance with a mix of trepidation and concern etched on their faces, knowing that their friend, Lyra Potter, now resided within the confines of the manor.

As they entered the opulent foyer, their eyes darted nervously around the lavish surroundings. The echoes of their footsteps reverberated through the cavernous space, the grandeur of Slytherin Manor imposing itself upon them.

Marvolo Slytherin, alerted by their arrival, descended the grand staircase with a wary expression. The weight of his gaze fell upon the newcomers, and his posture became defensive. The air crackled with tension as he scrutinized the unexpected guests in his home.

Lyra, too had been informed by their arrival and was greeted to the sight of her husband to be glaring daggers at her closest friends. She stepped forward to greet her friends, sensing the palpable discomfort. "Marvolo, these are my friends—Hermione Granger, Fred and George Weasley, and Luna Lovegood. They mean no harm, I promise. I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you they were coming over."

Marvolo's eyes remained sharp, his gaze shifting from one guest to another. His stern countenance betrayed a wariness that seemed ingrained, a testament to the dark reputation he carried.

Hermione, with her usual poise, stepped forward. "Lord Voldemort, we appreciate you allowing us into your home. We're here because we care about Lyra's well-being."

Fred, attempting to lighten the atmosphere, offered a mischievous grin. "Yeah, we're just checking if our dear Lyra is being treated like the royalty she is."

George chimed in, "And, of course, to make sure she's not being served dragon dung for dinner."

Lyra, attempting to ease the tension, interjected with a nervous laugh, "Guys, please. Marvolo, they're just worried about me. Can we head to the sitting room? I'll explain everything."

Marvolo's gaze remained fixed on the group, but he relented with a nod, gesturing for them to proceed. The grandeur of Slytherin Manor seemed to intimidate the visitors, who followed Lyra cautiously.

Marvolo's expression remained guarded, but he acknowledged her words with a curt nod. "Forgotten details can lead to complications, Lyra. Ensure it doesn't happen again."

Lyra winced at the reprimand, a silent acknowledgment of her lapse.

As they moved into the sitting room, the opulence of Slytherin Manor continued to leave an impression on them. Luxurious furnishings and intricate tapestries adorned the room, creating an atmosphere of both elegance and apprehension.

Lyra guided her friends to the seating area, offering a reassuring smile. "I know it's a bit overwhelming, but Marvolo has been surprisingly kind. Please, have a seat. We have a lot to discuss."

Fred, always the joker, couldn't resist a quip. "Must say, Lyra, your taste in castles has certainly improved since that stint with the Triwizard Tournament."

George chimed in, "Yeah, last time we were in a fancy place, it was all about dragons and underwater mermaid shenanigans."

Lyra chuckled, appreciating the effort to lighten the mood. "Well, this is different, isn't it?"

Hermione, ever practical, interjected, "Lyra, we have to talk about this. I mean, you're living with..."

"...Voldemort," Hermione finished, her voice lowered to a hushed whisper as if saying the name too loudly might invoke some dark magic.

Fred and George, though known for their humor, showed genuine concern for Lyra's well-being. Hermione, the voice of reason, scrutinized every detail, and Luna, ever eccentric, seemed to absorb the nuances of the story.