Chapter 14

Marvolo Slytherin, with an air of authority, gathered his inner circle in the dimly lit chamber. The atmosphere was tense as his closest allies awaited the introduction of the woman who had disrupted their dark and secluded world. Marvolo, however, had a stern warning before Lyra entered.

"Listen carefully," Marvolo addressed his inner circle with a commanding tone. "Lyra is under my protection and is your dark lady. I expect each of you to treat her with respect. Any hostility will not be tolerated. Am I understood?"

Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape, Rodolphus Lestrange, Barty Crouch Jr., Draco Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Rabastan Lestrange, and Bellatrix Lestrange nodded in acknowledgment, their expressions a mix of curiosity and caution.

Marvolo then turned to Lyra, a faint edge of warning in his voice. "Lyra, they are my inner circle. Give them a chance, and remember the respect they owe you. The future Lady Slytherin should be shown the courtesy she deserves."

Lyra, meeting Marvolo's gaze, replied, "I'll do my best. But they have tried to kill me on several occasions, you know."Marvolo offered a reassuring smile. "That was before. We're establishing a new order, and you play a crucial role in that."

With a deep breath, Marvolo led Lyra into the room, her presence shifting the dynamics of the gathering. The inner circle eyed her with a mix of wariness and intrigue.

"Allow me to introduce you to my inner circle," Marvolo began, gesturing towards each member. "Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape, Rodolphus Lestrange, Barty Crouch Jr., Draco Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Rabastan Lestrange, and Bellatrix Lestrange."

Lyra offered a polite nod to each member, her eyes lingering on Bellatrix, who regarded her with a venomous gaze. Marvolo, sensing the tension, stepped forward.

"Narcissa, Bellatrix, Draco, I believe you already know Lyra is connected to the Black family through her great-grandmother, Dorea Black. And, Lyra, Narcissa and Bellatrix are your distant cousin, while Draco you are second cousins."

Narcissa, with a composed demeanor, approached Lyra and extended her hand. "Welcome to the family Lyra."

"Thank you, Lady Malfoy."

Narcissa offered a warm smile and corrected, "There's no need for formalities, dear. You can call me Aunt Cissa."

While the atmosphere between Lyra and Narcissa remained civil, Bellatrix couldn't hide her disdain. With a scoff, she remarked, "Family or not, she has no place among us. My lord, be serious in your plan to marry her."

Marvolo's eyes flashed with a dangerous glint, his patience wearing thin. "Bellatrix, mind your words. Lyra is my choice, and she will be treated with the respect she deserves."

Lyra, unyielding in the face of Bellatrix's hostility, responded with a calm defiance.  "You're one to talk, you killed my Godfather, your cousin, so naturally family doen't mean anything to you."

Bellatrix's lips curled into a disdainful sneer, her eyes narrowing at Lyra's mention of Sirius Black. "The traitor had it coming, and his blood is tainted."

Lyra, however, refused to let Bellatrix's provocation go unanswered. "Tainted or not, he was family to me, and he deserved more than to be murdered by his own flesh and blood."

Bellatrix, undeterred, sneered, "Sentimental nonsense. You'll learn that emotions weaken your resolve. You can't afford such weaknesses in our world."

Before the tension escalated further, Narcissa intervened, her voice maintaining a measured calmness. "Bellatrix, Lyra has the blood of the Blacks running through her veins. Regardless of personal opinions, she is part of our lineage. Respect that."