What They Wrought

What They Wrought by Dtaylorbooks_

DESCRIPTION

"I will be the monster that lies in wait under their bed, itching to pluck their eyes from their heads and their tongues from their mouths."

Her father's death left Maybe Leigh's family vulnerable, and before long the pious inhabitants of Salem Village came for the witchy women of the Leigh family. Purveyors of herbs and tinctures that can heal or harm, Maybe's mother and sister met their end at the drop of a noose, forcing Maybe to swear vengeance on the town before saving herself. Stowing away on a ship heading anywhere but the Massachusetts Bay Colony, with little more than the clothes on her back and her mother's grimoire, Maybe finds herself facing down a murderous pirate and his crew and stumbling upon magic darker than she could ever dream. Perhaps these are the things she needs to help rain her rage down upon tiny Salem Village. Assuming she survives the voyage, that is.

THE VVITCH meets Black Sails in this historical fiction novella that reminds you that the Golden Age of Piracy and the Salem Witch Trials happened at the same time and asks the question: what if the two met? Filled with witchcraft, pirates, rage enough to fill the ocean, and possibly some scurvy, WHAT THEY WROUGHT, is a revenge tale of a woman wronged.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Donna Taylor is the Wattys Award-winning author of the YA horror novel, BLOOD ON THE BOARDWALK, along with its sequel, MONSTERS IN THE MOUNTAINS. Both are excellent reads for a dark and stormy night in spooky season. Book three in the San Nico Slayers series will be out sometime next year. If you're looking for something dark but not very spooky, then check out HOUNDS UNLEASHED, a dystopian scifi thriller with morally gray characters and some sticky situations. It's currently complete and being edited, with the final version [hopefully] available by the end of the year.

 It's currently complete and being edited, with the final version [hopefully] available by the end of the year

*Please read the book's individual trigger warning if one is included.