The True One

The True One by amberkbryant

DESCRIPTION

Popstar

Insomniac

Werewolf?

Verity Jayne is harboring a secret buried so deep, even she doesn't know what it is.

Until one day, she does. Or she thinks she does. Her family and friends worry that she's losing her mind. Either they're right... or they're lying to her.

Alek Sinclair knows her secret, but he isn't telling her what it might be. Hired as her bodyguard, Alek's real mission is to watch Verity for signs that she's taking after her mother. Verity believes her mom succumbed to mental illness. The truth is far stranger—so strange that even Alek will be forced to reevaluate everything he thought he believed in.

Verity wants to embrace who she's become, but if she does, Alek will have to finish his mission: ending her life before the world finds out what she really is... or what she's capable of doing.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Amber K. Bryant is an award-winning multi-genre writer living deep within Sasquatch territory in Washington State. Her stories have gained millions of reads on Wattpad, where she has built a world-wide fanbase. She collaborated on a short story with R. L. Stine, won several contests judged by Margaret Atwood, and had a story optioned by Wattpad Studios. When she isn’t writing, she works as a librarian and spends time with her family exploring the Pacific Northwest. She has yet to spot Bigfoot but has faith it will happen one day. Her Spirit Seeker series is published with City Owl Press.

*Please read the book's individual trigger warning if one is included