Chapter 23: The Day Before (Season Two)

It was over a week later and my first day back to school after everything that had happened. I had spent most of the break with Derek and Danny. Danny took me to see Lydia one day which was tough. She hadn't woken up yet, but I heard she had now and she'd be okay. Derek was worried that she hadn't shown any signs of turning or rejecting the bite. I was worried about her. I got out of bed, a little sad that Derek wasn't here this morning, and took a quick shower. Once I was done I dried off and changed into my black skinny jeans, white long sleeve shirt, green cardigan, and my black boots. I threw my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my bag going downstairs. I heard someone messing around in the kitchen.

"Dad? Stiles?"

"It's me Alice. Dad left for work. He made you some toast before he left."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Do you need a ride today?"

"No, Danny is picking me up."

"You have your appointment tomorrow right?"

"In the morning. Derek's taking me."

"Derek...right."

I rolled my eyes at the dislike he still held for him.

"Dislike him all you want Sti. He's not going anywhere."

"Yeah, yeah."

A car honked outside and I grabbed my bag and walked to the door.

"That's Danny. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. See ya."

I walked out to Danny's car and he greeted me with a hug before helping me in.

"Are you ready for your first day back?"

"No. I'd love to just stay home and finish my classes online. But it's my last semester and my dad wants me to go."

"My classes are by yours so I can help you out."

"Thanks Dan."

"Are you nervous for your appointment tomorrow?"

"Very nervous. Derek keeps telling me to forget about the price and just focus on the surgery, but it's really hard. I feel bad."

"You shouldn't. He's obviously doing this because he cares about you and he knows how much you want it. I say go for it. You could see again Ali."

"I know. I really really want to. I'll see what the doctor says."

The car pulled to a stop and Danny came around to help me out. A few people said hello to me on the way into school. I assume everyone knew about what had happened with Kate. Danny walked me to my locker and then to our first period which we shared thankfully. I went through the day with Danny by my side. Jackson never said a word to me, and I'll admit, it hurt. I kept my distance from Allison, I didn't feel super comfortable around her after everything with Kate. When the day ended Danny drove me home before going back to practice. I did all of my homework before getting out of my room and going downstairs to find dad. I heard someone moving around in the kitchen and walked in.

"Dad?"

"Hey, honey. How was school?"

"It was okay. Just Danny and I. Have you heard anything about Lydia?"

"She's doing a little better."

"Good. I'm glad. I'll have Derek take me to see her after my appointment."

"Speaking of, how are you feeling?"

"Scared."

"Why are you scared, honey?"