Chapter 10: Death?

I woke up to my alarm and I could tell Derek wasn't here anymore. I got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom. Thankfully I was feeling better today and read to go to school. I got in the shower and washed off before getting out and getting dressed in some black skinny jeans, a plain white top, and a long navy cardigan. I slid on some simple white vans and grabbed my bookbag and phone before going downstairs. I heard someone rustling around in the kitchen.

"Stiles? Dad?"

"It's me Alice."

"What are you still doing here Stiles?"

"I wanted to drive you to school today."

"Why?"

"We haven't really spent any time together. I just wanted to see you for awhile."

"Okay. Are you gonna drive me home too?"

"Sure. Works for me. You ready?"

"Yeah."

I followed him out of the house but he had to help me to the jeep and inside. We didn't talk a lot on the way to school, and the little we did felt kind of awkward. I knew he had things he wanted to say to me but he wasn't going to for fear of me getting upset at him again. When we got to school he helped me out of the jeep and inside to my locker.

"Are you okay from here? I gotta get to class."

"Yeah. Jackson will be here soon to help me."

"Okay. I'll find you after school."

"Okay. See ya."

"Bye Alice."

I heard him walk off and I got everything I'd need from my locker. A minute later I heard someone coming up to me.

"Ready to get to class Alice?"

"No, but if we must."

He chuckled and looped my arm with his. We talked all the way to class. He was trying to help me catch up on what I missed yesterday. Morning classes were a drag and lunch wasn't much better. I didn't like that Scott and Stiles were sitting with us now. It made things really tense for most of us. When afternoon classes were over Jackson dropped me off at my locker and said bye before heading off home. I got all of my books and waited for Stiles. A few minutes later he showed up ready to go. Thankfully, he led me out of the school with no casualties. He helped me into the jeep and I felt him start to pull out of the parking space.

"Oh my god."

I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere."

I heard Stiles get out of the jeep without answering me at all.

"Stiles!"

A minute later I heard my door open.

"Alice I need you to get in the back."

"Stiles, what the hell is happening?"

"Alice, please."

I was shocked to hear Derek's voice, so I quickly made my way into the backseat of the jeep. I heard the doors shut and the window open.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"'Cause she's an Argent. She's with them."

"Why should I help you?"

Out of Sight, Always in Mind (Derek Hale)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें