[36]

Morning came all too fast

Morning came all too fast. I crawl out of bed nervous for my first day of school. More specifically, my first day of junior high. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I tiredly make my way to the bathroom to start my day. Before I make it there, I suddenly remember to check under my pillow.

My mood takes a twist as I excitedly run back to my bed. I flip my pillow over expecting to be met with a dollar bill, but gasp in surprise when I see a crisp one-hundred dollar bill instead. I squeal in delight as I gently lift the paper to inspect it. Not a single imperfection is seen making me cautious as to not damage it. I slip it in a book on my bedside table to keep it nice and flat.

With a new bounce in my step, I finish my business in the bathroom before entering my closet. I quickly get dressed in my uniform. The lower grade girls must wear dresses, while the high school girls wear skirts and ties. I may have to wear a dress, but at least I don't have to wear a tie yet. 

I slip on my white collar shirt before zipping the dress. I pull on my calf length socks, smiling at the fact Matteo got me the ones with frills along the top. I buckle the required black shoes that, in my opinion look weird. Taking one last look in the mirror as I hook the two buttons on my blazer, I grab my school bag before making my way to the kitchen.

It doesn't surprise me that the only two in the kitchen are the twins. Ares, of course, is drinking his drink, seated at the island. Bruno is busying preparing what looks to be my lunch. 

I make my way to sit beside Ares who decides to greet me by ruffling my hair. I slap his hand away and shoot him a glare.

"Good Morning, Bambina." Bruno chirps, sliding an omelet in front of me. 

I send him a smile as thanks before directing my attention back to Ares.

"Stronzo!" I yell in his direction.

My comment seems to have caught the attention of the room as both boys freeze their actions and whip their heads in my direction.

"What did you just call me?" Ares grits slowly through his teeth, annunciating every word.

His tone of voice makes me cower in my seat. 

"..erm... um... I don't know." I mutter in response, avoiding eye-contact.

It's true, I don't know. I've just heard Luca call Ares this to his back a few times. 

"Parker Ryan, Where did you learn that word?" Bruno sternly asks.

Oh boy, the middle name.

"Umm.... I...." I start to mumble frantically looking for anyone to save me.

I manage to catch a half-awake Luca wandering into the kitchen. Taking in his appearance I can see his shirt is still untucked with his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

I point to Luca with my head held down in shame. I may not know what I've said, but the reaction I've caused can only mean it's not good.

"Luca, sei morto." Ares states in a teasing tone.