[50]

Lorenzo quickly signed any needed paperwork regarding Parker's transfer to a children's hospital

Lorenzo quickly signed any needed paperwork regarding Parker's transfer to a children's hospital. As I predicted, his demeanor remains unfazed, something he tends to do in emotional situations. My only hope is this incident does not change his openly displayed affection for Parker.

As Parker is being transported by a helicopter, my brothers and I will be meeting at the new hospital. Hopefully, once there we can finally get some answers regarding her condition.

Lorenzo, Bruno and I pile into an awaiting SUV, Remo driving and Milo sitting passenger. As Lorenzo seems to be preoccupied with his phone and Bruno remains in a state of shock, I hope at least one of Parker's bodyguards can give me something, anything on Parker's state.

"Remo, Milo, how was Parker's condition at the scene?" I ask full of anxiety.

Remo glances at his younger brother, urging him to speak up.

"Bruno was first to get to her. However, I can confirm she was still awake after the initial explosion. As far as her injuries, it is difficult to determine as she was covered in ash." Milo states, his voice remaining professional.

Despite the Pedrelli brother's being Parker's bodyguards and nothing else, I can tell they have grown quite fond of her. I mean, how can you not? She's a ray of sunshine.

"Still, I was able to see a piece of shrapnel embedded into her side. Her right shoulder look to be severely burned as well as some nasty road rash." He finishes.

Milo's words linger in the air. That's only what he could see, I don't want to imagine what further imaging will determine.

I don't respond as I get lost in my own pessimistic thoughts.

---

The journey to the hospital felt impossibly long. I reassure myself with the fact that Parker's trip was much shorter. Walking into the building, the familiar smell of antiseptic and chemicals fill my nose. We are met with bright colors and fun pictures, a sharp contrast from the thoughts running in my mind.

Thankfully, we are led to a private waiting room. Upon entering, I take note of the neutral color scheme. The first half of the room has a table and small kitchenette. Sofas and armchairs fill the other half the room, Ares and Luca occupying a few.

Hearing us come in, both their heads snap up. I watch as they look to Lorenzo, expectant for answers. Their faces drop into a look of disappointment when he refuses to acknowledge them. He takes a seat at the table, quickly starting work on his laptop. We all know too well how our eldest brother gets when people he loves get hurt. He blames himself.

Before any words can be spoken, there's a knock at the door. The door swings open revealing Milo, a nurse following him.

Everyone's attention is now on the nurse, eagerly awaiting any news.