[59]

Lost in my thoughts, I pace my bedroom floor

Lost in my thoughts, I pace my bedroom floor. Okay, if I'm actually going to do this, I need to not act suspicious. From my frequent visits, I know the way to Ares's gym... it will just take about an hour to walk there.

Checking the temperature on my phone, I see it is 29 degrees. It's freezing outside but I honestly have no other choice - I'll just need to bundle up.

I glance at my phone again, it's 5:49 P.M. So, time for dinner. Hopefully, I'll be able to act casual around my brothers. Attempting to calm my nerves, I take another deep breath and leave my room.

As I enter the dining room, I'm met with emptiness. That's strange. So, I head to the kitchen in the hopes of finding one of my brothers. Unfortunately, none of them are present. I let out a breath dejectedly.

"Hello miss, you're brothers cannot make it to dinner. I'm currently fixing you some food, why don't you take a seat at the counter." Maria, one of our maids, tells me.

My heart pangs at the realization that I'll be eating once again, alone. But, at least this way they can't read me like a book. My brothers are always so good at telling when something is bothering me, I can't get anything past them.

"Thanks" I mutter in response, sliding onto a stool.

Soon enough, a steaming bowl of mac n' cheese is placed in front of me with green beans on the side. I make sure to eat all my dinner, knowing I am going to need the energy for my midnight excursion. Matteo would be proud of me for eating all my vegetables.

Once finished, I place my dishes in the sink and start to wash them. However, I am quickly shooed away by Maria telling me it's not my job.

For the next few hours, I busy myself with mindless activities as my anxiety grows. I've never deliberately broken rules before. Around 9 P.M. Maria makes her past my room. I quickly open my door to catch her attention. It's time to set my plan in motion.

"Umm, I'm going to bed.... Can you tell my brothers goodnight for me?" I ask, knowing she is heading to the third floor as she looks to be delivering them a late dinner.

She pauses her walking, turning to me with a soft smile.

"Of course miss, anything else I can help you with?" She responds politely.

I shake my head, muttering a no thanks before closing my door to 'go to bed'. I get everything ready for my departure in my closet but remain in bed on the off chance one of my brothers checks in on me - and now, we wait.

---

The time now is midnight. None of my brothers checked in on me, which is probably good because I bet they could tell I was faking sleeping. But, at the same time, I can't help but feel a little upset. I guess I got used to them always dotting over me - I can't believe it's almost been two months living with them.

I did get a text from Luca wishing me a good night and informing me that tomorrow morning will be the same as today, so at least that was nice.

After getting dressed for the freezing weather and putting my backpack on, I exit my room. I make sure my footsteps are silent as I slowly make my way to the front door. Every slight creak in the floor causes me to cringe, but eventually I'm at the door.

Recalling the password Enzo used to disarm the security, I type in the code. 1106. Our birthday. A smile tugs at my lips thinking of the thoughtful gesture and I release a breath when the lights flash green, indicating no alarm will sound.

Stepping outside, the wind nips at my ears. I quickly and quietly close the door behind me, then pull the hood of my jacket up. Here goes nothing.

I text Reid that I'm on my way. Hopefully, he isn't waiting for me outside in the cold.

The journey to Ares gym is not all that complicated, it would just be a lot easier in a car. Despite living in New York, we live a ways outside the city so, I am able to walk along the road but remain hidden by trees. Not that there is really anyone out at this time anyway.

I pass the time by stepping on crunchy leaves, plus it helps keep me distracted from the cold. Whenever I have to cross a street, I make sure no headlights are in sight because Reid stressed the importance of secrecy. I need to make sure I am not being followed.

I trust Reid, and I know whatever it is he needs to tell me will be worth it. He is the best friend I have ever had. But, why do I feel like I'm being a bad sister? I anxiously rub the necklace I received on my birthday, another nervous tick I have developed.

Pushing that though aside, I pick up my pace as I see the gym come into view. There is only one van in the parking lot - probably just night time security. As I round the back of the building, I finally see the dumpsters - me and Reid's spot. Only one light illuminates the area, giving off quite an eerie feeling.

As I pull my phone out to start texting Reid that I'm here, I hear footsteps. I frantically look around, before making eye contact with a man.

"Y-you're not Reid-d" I stutter to the frightening man approaching me. 

As I once again make our sorellina's lunch, I quickly check the time

As I once again make our sorellina's lunch, I quickly check the time. She should have come down by now.

Deciding to check on her, I slowly make my way upstairs. In the process, I audibly yawn, cursing the fact that I had to be up so late helping out yesterday. But, I guess I should prepare myself for another long day of trying to find the youngest Martinez. I can't help but pity the eldest Martinez brothers. I don't want to even imagine losing our youngest.

Speaking of our youngest, where is she? Briefly scanning her room, I note her bed and bathroom are both empty. Her backpack is missing from her chair, so maybe I just missed her. She probably just used a different staircase.

Opting not to dwell on it, I make my way back to the kitchen. However, the only people that greet me are Remo and Milo.

"Have either of you seen Parker?" I ask her body guards, my worry starting to increase.

[word count 1147]