𝙾𝙽𝙴

𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒 𝚐𝚘𝚋𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑

𝚋𝚢
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰

It was a Monday morning, the kid's first day back to school after the half-term, Maeve still sleeping despite her alarm going off, her mother having insisted on her getting that very alarm, Maeve not seeing the point knowing she'd sleep through it.

"MAEVE CARA WALSH GET YOUR ARSE UP FOR SCHOOL NOW!" Maeve's mother shouted from the bottom of the stairs with a frying pan in one hand and the landline in the other, most likely on the phone to one of her two jobs, going back to the phone as she went into the kitchen.

Maeve of course didn't hear her mother's yell from the bottom of the stairs, with the roadworks going on and the alarm going off, it would be heard to hear her if she was awake, but of course she was still asleep. Ten minutes went by of hurrying round the kitchen trying to get everything clean as possible and waiting for her daughter to walk downstairs dressed and ready for breakfast, then school. Tara leaned on the kitchen counter watching the clock on the wall, tapping her foot on the kitchen tile watching the stairs or trying to listen for any movement upstairs to indicate that her daughter was indeed awake.

"Right that's it." Tara spoke to herself throwing her hands up in surrender walking out of the kitchen. "Oh stupid cat!" Tara groaned tripping over the tabby cat running in front of her and up the stairs. "MAEVE!" Tara yelled as she stormed up the stairs. "MAEVE?" She swung the door open to see her daughter's body still limp with slumber. "I AM NOT BLOODY SURPRISED!" Tara stormed into her room getting the stereo from behind her bed and picking out a random CD from the pile in the corner of her room slotting into the stereo and turning the volume up to a high amount before playing it.

Maeve jolted awake to the stereo playing, yelling at mother to turn it down, but Tara standing there with a big proud, smirk on her face mouthing that she couldn't hear her. "I can't hear you; I'll turn this off!" Tara switched the stereo off as Maeve groaned throwing the duvet over her face. "Rise and shine, sunshine! First day of term get your lazy arse out of bed."

"Five more minutes."

"No I've given you about 10 minutes, now, UP! Maeve... Maeve. MAEVE GET YOU BUM OUT OF BED!"

"Oh go away Mammy!" Maeve's muffled voice came from under her sheets.

"Okay you give me no choice." Tara walked to the end of Maeve's bed, grabbing Maeve's ankles and quite literally dragging her out of bed ignoring Maeve's objections as she fully dragged her out leaving Maeve on the floor, still in her pyjamas. "Get yourself out of bed next time." Tara shoved her foot into Maeve's side as she stepped over her going back downstairs. Maeve groaning into her hands as she got up and got changed into her uniform that was draped on her beanbag in the corner of the room, then going downstairs for breakfast.

Tara had left out a box of cereal and the bag of bread for Maeve to make her choice for breakfast, Maeve deciding toast. As she toast tiredly in front of the toaster, feeling Nutella, her cat, brushing up her legs, Maeve leaning down with a smile as she picked the cat up, nuzzling her nose into her fur as Tara came back into the room.

"Oh Maeve looked at the state of you." Tara sighed.

"What have I done now?!"

"Your hair! It's a mess, have you not brushed it yet?"

"Do it later." Maeve mumbled with a mouthful of toast as she was buttering the rest of it and the other slice.

"But y- Oh for God's sake." Tara sighed. "I'm going to be late." Tara took the brush that has been left on the kitchen table and started brushing through Maeve's hair.

"I didn't ask you to."

"You're welcome." Tara smiled sarcastically. "And anyway I'm making the most of this. This is probably the most you've let me touch you in for ages."

"Liar."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not! Up or down?"

"Up please, just a ponytail." Tara brushed Maeve's hair up all together.

"Bobble!" Tara placed her hand out holding all Maeve's hair in the other as Maeve took a hair band from around her wrist placing it in her mother's hand as Tara finished Maeve's hair off. "All done. Much better. Right, I'm really late now, so bye, have a good first day." Tara leaned down to grab her backpack placing a kiss on Maeve's cheek as she stood back up. "Remember that y-"

"Going round Sarah's and Orla's tonight yes I know."

"You got all your night stuff in your bag?" Maeve nodded to every question that followed. "Right okay, I'll see you tomorrow." Tara placed another kiss on Maeve's cheek. "I love you!" Tara ran out of the room, hurrying to get her shoes on and car and house keys.

"I love you more."

"DON'T FORGET YOUR KEYS!" The door slam followed behind her as Maeve finished the last of her toast putting her school shoes on and grabbing her Walkman from the kitchen table and her keys remembering her Mum reminding her, locking the door behind her and then walking up the hill to the Quinn house where she walked every school morning to walk with the rest of her friends.

"Hi Clare." Maeve smiled waving at her best friend waiting outside the Quinn house in her denim jacket instead of her blazer like her and Erin planned.

"You're wearing your blazer."

"You didn't convince me remember, it was only you and Erin."

"Oh yeah..... do you think I'll get into a lot of trouble?!" Clare started being her normal self and began panicking again.

"Come on Clare." Maeve chuckled, rolling her eyes as she grabbed Clare's hand dragging her inside the house. "It's only me and Clare Mary!" Maeve announced herself and Clare as she came through the front door. "Take it the denim jacket didn't go well." Maeve smirked at Erin shrugging her blazer on. "Hate to say it, but I told you so." Clare groaned beside her taking her blazer from her bag, shoving her backpack into Maeve's hands as she shoved her denim jacket in and put on her blazer.

"You still coming round here for tea tonight, Maeve, love. Then going round our Sarah's to sleep over?"

"Yeah, all still on Mary if it's still not a bother." Maeve smiled sweetly as the bag in her hands was snatched from her as Clare put it back on her back.

"It's fine love, your welcome anytime. You Mammy working late again then?" Mary gave her a subtle, sympathetic look. Tara was the best mother to Maeve, Mary knew it and Maeve knew it, but Mary still felt sorry for the young girl. You could see how much Maeve adored Tara, having only been them two for her whole life and it was hard for Maeve with Tara working late all the time, which is how Mary become sort of a second mother to Maeve as Mary always saw her as like she was a daughter.

"Yeah, I think it's the second job, at the supermarket. Someone called in sick, she's covering."

"Come on we better head." Erin squeezed through Maeve and Clare and walked outside, Clare following as Orla finished off her cereal and placed her bowl in the sink.

"See you tonight, Sarah. See you tonight, Mary!" Maeve waved as Orla took her hand and lead her out the door, catching up with Erin and Clare.

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰