𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

MAKING YOUR MIND UP

MAKING YOUR MIND UP

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰

The girls were sat in Sister Micheal's office as she was talking on the phone. Erin and Michelle perked up on their seats aswell as Clare whereas Maeve was slumped in her chair with her arms crosse as there was a knock at the door, the receptionist informing Sister Micheal that the priest was here.

Just then the door opened as a very young looking preist walked in messing with his hair. Maeve watched in confusion and slight disgust when she watched James, Erin, Michelle, and Orla practically melt.

"Hello children."

"Hello father." The four out of the group smiles widely.

"Please call me Peter."

"Christ." Maeve and Sister Micheal mumbled to themselves rolling their eyes. As the priest came round and stood in front of them.

"This is just going to be a very relaxed, informal chat. I don't want you to think of me as a priest. Think of me as a friend. Look..." Peter removed his white collar from his shirt as Erin and Michelle gasp softly. "Just like you now."

"Fucking bell." Maeve sighed to herself, shutting her eyes in frustration.

"So, before we begin, do you guys have any questions for me?" Erin raises her hand immediately asking whether that was his real eye colour. James asking the next question.

"Is that a firm-hold gel you're using there?"

"It's a mousse."

"And where do you-"

"Hair and Flair. But you can get it cheaper at the shop down the road."

"Isn't that where your Mum works Mae-"

"Yep." Maeve interrupted quickly, just wanting to get out of the office as Michelle raises her hand to ask the next question, asking if before he had done any modelling.

"Does anyone have any questions about what happened in the church this morning?" Orla raises her hand but Maeve reaches her hand up grabbing Orla's hand slowly pulling her arm down, Orla keeping hold of her hand, both of them resting on her lap.

"So you claim you saw our Blessed Lady's features change? Is that right?" Peter questions them again as everyone nods. "I see. And after that, the statue, well, you claim it started weeping."

"You're using the word 'claim' a lot there, Peter." Clare burst out.

"Girls, I'm not here to make any judgments. I'm just trying to get the truth."

"You think we're lying don't you?!"

"No, of course not." Peter shook his head as Maeve smirked and tried not to laugh as she heard Sister Micheal mumble to herself.

"But sometimes we want to believe in something so much, that we willingly deceive ourselves. I mean, I know I've been guilty of that in the past. I wanted a sign so badly that it drove me to distraction, because it is the question we all want the answer to, isn't it? I mean, does God exist? I mean, does he exist?" Peter rambled on and stared at the ground, till James broke him out of his daze.

"Directly before the weeping, can you remember what you were doing, what you were talking about?"

"I remember James was being a dick."

"Miss Mallon." Sister Micheal's suddenly shot up.

"I don't like to use that word, Sister. But it's so hard to describe James any other way, because he's just such a dick." Sister Micheal leaves a moment of silence before shrugging, neither agreeing or disagreeing to Michelle's statement.

"I don't think you're a dick James." Peter shakes his head. "And do you know who else doesn't think you're a dick?" Orla and Maeve raise their hands before Peter points above, stating that God doesn't believe that James was a dick as Maeve rolled her eyes as she and Orla lowered their hands. 

"Uh, how do you know our Lord doesn't think he's a dick?"

"Our Lord doesn't think anyone's a dick."

"I very much doubt that." Michelle scoffed as she started to list names of people she thought were a dick to Peter referring to her recent question, whether 'our Lord' thought anyone was a dick.

"Michelle Mallon?" Maeve quickly interrupts adding to Michelle lists.

"Yes M- Oh you little." She punches Maeve in the arm making Maeve laugh even more. 

"The five of you attending chapel, praying together, would that be a typical morning?" Peter was quick to change the subject as Michelle started to laugh. 

"He's not joking Michelle." Erin whispered.

"Oh. Christ, fuck no. We were just following that stupid dog." Maeve watches Erin's face drench with worry.

"The dog has nothing to do with it."

"See, Erin's dog died recently and she saw one that sort of looked like him a bit." Clare continued as Erin desperately tried to change the subject again which made Maeve more intrigued to her worried looks. "So we followed him for a while. This dog... and he led us to the chapel."

"The dog led you to the chapel?" All the girls nod except from Erin still trying to change the subject.

"The dog isn't important!"

"Maybe it is. What if this dog you saw, Erin, what if it didn't simply look like your dog? What if it actually was your dog?"

"Right. Maybe. But, as I think we mentioned, Toto's dead. My ma saw him get hit by an army Land Rover and then buried him in our back garden, so probably not." Erin scoffed.

"A beloved animal, returning from the dead. Now, we've seen this before."

"Ohhh ghost dog." Orla gasps raising her hand once more as Maeve reaches up and grabs her hand again to pull her arm down. 

"Don't encourage him love." Maeve whispers with a smirk.

"No, not ghost dog. Resurrected dog. Don't you see? Toto was sent back to lead you to that chapel, to that statue. Because you're special Erin. You have been chosen."

"Oh, Peter. It's all just so overwhelming."

"I think I'm going to throw up." Maeve mumbles.