31- Friends?

Ajay

The special thing about today was the train journey. Call it a promotional stunt or a simple fun plan of Ramesh and Rajiv sir, the whole cast and crew would travel by train together. A few bailed out and would reach directly by air but mostly all were present.

I wanted to bail out too due to my busy schedule but I reconsidered my plan thinking about Maya. I tried hard to keep my distance from her but it was as if I couldn't do that. 

I wanted to see her smile, her beautiful eyes and listen to her talks. If not anything else, we can at least be friends. Better than hating each other.

We settled in our cabin of four. Soon, she took her seat next to me, smiling at me widely. Lately, she has been acting weird but it feels like she doesn't hate me now. That is a good omen. But every time she flashes her smile, I am reminded of her and Ishaan.

It won't be a surprise if she seriously likes Ishaan because, from their very first meeting, they were going along well. They had quite a great bonding and even that gift she prepared tells all about her feelings.

I wonder if I am allowed to even feel jealous. Do I have that right?

" So, all ready for the TRIP!" Someone shouted, breaking through all my thoughts. Maya broke into a natural laugh which was soothing to watch. After taking a selfie and posting on our social media handles we were finally ready for the ride. 

" Poha?" I saw her opening the lid of her tiffin box as my mouth almost watered at seeing that. Does she know it is my favourite? Maybe or maybe not.

" I didn't mix any poison," she said, watching me looking suspiciously at the food. " No, thanks." I went back to reading my book.

" Poha!! Can we have it?" The excited co-stars shouted to which I felt her gaze over me but I didn't look up. Then I heard her say," Sure, all for you." As I looked up, I saw her narrowed eyes filled with anger as she started typing something on her phone frantically.

I realized why she was angry. " Ok, just give me a little." I hardly made out those words. Of course, I wanted to eat the poha and also didn't want to deny her but I was just trying hard to keep my actions measured. 

I didn't want to make it hard for myself.

" Didn't you say you don't want?" She smirked and I groaned inside my head. She is unbelievable.

After a while, I turned to see her sleeping in an abrupt position. She is going to hurt her neck. I supported her neck on my arm as she twisted and turned uncomfortably. I gently kept her head on my shoulders in a way that would be comforting to her.

She slowly drifted in sleep, her loose hair falling on her face. I removed them out of my way of admiring her pretty face.

" Protective Boyfriend!" Raghav sir whispered with a teasing tone.

" No! It's nothing like that!" I playfully whispered back, glaring at him as he rolled his eyes as if he knew everything.

I smiled to myself and pulled out my diary and started sketching. Well, a long journey shouldn't go in vain.

 ★★★

Maya

Before I could know, I had fallen asleep but strangely I woke up on someone's comfortable shoulders. I gasped when I saw Ajay, focused on his work. How did I fall asleep on him?

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him wearing a slim-fit shirt and rubbing his hands at times. He wore his specs and his hands smoothly made the curves and lines on his book. My eyes immediately caught an overcoat covering my body.